Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: freedom elite 23H
State: North Carolina
THOR #266
awning light switch

Hello, I posted this question on IRV2, but thought i may get a response here. I have the 2015 thor citation sprinter with led lights factory installed just under the awning roll-up. I can't find how to turn them on. I was told by CW it required a remote. the other day I received a call from thor about my questionnaire and asked the rep. She was told it was a switch located with the other switches . I have played with every switch in the coach..no led light. I checked fuses all seem okay. has anyone else had this problem or know where this switch is..I would be happy to hear.
It may also be that the final connection was never made.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
This might be a dumb question but...do you have the awning rolled out all the way so the lights aren't covered? I have the awning led lights on my Axis and the switch is the one to the right of the interior lights. the one to the left is for the light near the door.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #3

THOR #266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
This might be a dumb question but...do you have the awning rolled out all the way so the lights aren't covered? I have the awning led lights on my Axis and the switch is the one to the right of the interior lights. the one to the left is for the light near the door.
no, believe me this was not a dumb question. I rolled out the awning fully thinking they may work on a positional type switch. on my unit I have two switches on the left entering the coach. upper one controls the electric awning, and the lower one is for battery storage. on the right side I have my panel of switches that control generator,interior lights, porch light which by the way only has on/off for small exterior porch lite to the left side of door. and of course nothing about this in the owners manuals. I'm the one who feels dumb.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:17 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Sorry, I wasn't of any help. Yours obviously has a different arrangement of switches and doesn't sound as if any are connected to your awning lights. Hope you solve the mystery.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #5

THOR #266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Sorry, I wasn't of any help. Yours obviously has a different arrangement of switches and doesn't sound as if any are connected to your awning lights. Hope you solve the mystery.
thanks for the input anyway. I sent another e-mail to my Thor rep. maybe get a reply. I'm almost tempted to replace the awning lights with an aftermarket one, but not sure if I really need them. I want it fixed because it came with the coach and I paid for it. and the quest goes on.