Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Awning light switch wire disconnect

Click image for larger version

Name:	light labeled.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	693

(This pic shows the location of the awning lights switch next to the porch light switch.)

Last weekend I had the porch light come on and would not go off (Switch not working) - had to take the bulb out. After driving home noticed the light would go off and the switch now worked again. Hmmm.

Yesterday noticed the awning lights (LED) would not come on - took off this faceplate and removed the three switches to find one awning light switch wires had come off. Theory is this - - - it did this last weekend and the wire electrode crossed the two electrodes on the porch light switch. (Never used the awning last weekend to see if the lights worked - I guess not.)

Just an FYI if your porch light ever comes on and your awning lights do not!

2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
Attachment 693

Last weekend I had the porch light come on and would not go off (Switch not working) - had to take the bulb out. After driving home noticed the light would go off and the switch now worked again. Hmmm.
I had a similar think happen. BUT, I found out that the porch light had been turned on with the Fast Camp remote. As soon as I turned it off with the remote I could then turn it on and off with the regular switch. Not sure how it got turned on with the remote. We had been using the remote but didn't think we turned on the light.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:06 AM   #3

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Interesting pst - I will keep that in mind for a differential! Thanks!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:54 AM   #4

State: Massachusetts
THOR #1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
Attachment 693

(This pic shows the location of the awning lights switch next to the porch light switch.)

Yesterday noticed the awning lights (LED) would not come on - took off this faceplate and removed the three switches to find one awning light switch wires had come off. Theory is this - - - it did this last weekend and the wire electrode crossed the two electrodes on the porch light switch. (Never used the awning last weekend to see if the lights worked - I guess not.)

Just an FYI if your porch light ever comes on and your awning lights do not!
We also have a 2015 34 J we purchased 10/2014 The awning was replaced by the dealer under warranty 11/2014 because it was broken when we took delivery. Never knew we had awning lights. Well they don't work.. Do you know where they connect to the outside? I think they didn't connect it when they put the new awning on..
Or where is the fuse for it them..