Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2018, 05:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RW28
State: Florida
Axerra AVM70LH - Reset Button!

Axerra radio/video monitor seems to have a software glitch that is cleared up by pressing the very small 'reset' button (upper left corner -- a ballpoint pen fits in hole and works nicely.)

Symptoms: Appears like there is no power at the head. 1st Thor service person thought it was the fuse on the back of the radio and explained how to remove bezel (which I found impossible to do) and insert removal tool to get radio out of panel to change fuse.

2nd Thor person I called described the reset trick that worked,

Very thankful -- I was in my 2nd day of owning a new 2018 Quantum RW28 and had scheduled an all day service call with dealer to 'fix' the radio.

If Axerra software is so flaky that it goes into this mode, perhaps other anomalies of Axerra could be solved with this reset approach. I plan to keep a ballpoint pen near my radio at all times.

bobscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:51 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
Yes I have had the same , where a reset starts it back up. Not sure what causes it, but in the last 9 months it has only happened to me once. Also used the reset button once after checking video connections on the side cameras. All of a sudden when I used the turn signals, there was no video from the turn side cameras, but I had a picture from the rear camera. Reset put it back to normal.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Pennsylvania
I have a problem with the bluetooth on my head unit. Tried the reset button and reset option on the screen to no avail. Is there a procedure to it - like holding in the reset button while turning on the unit as an example - or simply pushing the button while the device is on? Thanks in advance for your advice.
JT19007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:07 PM   #4

Model: Quantum RW28
State: Florida
Simply pushing the button while it is on. (In my case, the unit was in a lock up state so one couldn't really tell whether it was on or off.)
bobscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #5

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobscott View Post
Simply pushing the button while it is on. (In my case, the unit was in a lock up state so one couldn't really tell whether it was on or off.)
Thanks for getting back to me. I tried that so I guess it will have to be replaced.
JT19007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axerra, radio