Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #161

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #12416
I just fell victim to this broken plunger today in my 2016 Thor Challenger 37TB, luckily it happened at home (We just got back from a 3 week road trip) and the driver window was left unlocked.
I am concerned, as I have a four digit code 2212 on one side of my Trimark deadbolt key, I am hoping that this is the older model, and that this problem is fixed in the new version.

The only way to close the door right now is to lock the deadbolt from the outside. This is a major safety hazard.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #162

State: Florida
THOR #1249
It is good that you are home when it happened. Many here were not so fortunate. There are better made locks to replace yours and you have the time shop for the best replacement. I replaced mine just as a precaution, but don't have the info handy right now. You can do a search on the forum and come up with several companies with replacements, prices and styles.

When you get your new lock, take a good look at the insides and make sure it is lubed good. I used a spray lube on my new one to make sure it got to the areas I could not see. Works smooth as butter now.
Good luck.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #163

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
It is good that you are home when it happened. Many here were not so fortunate. There are better made locks to replace yours and you have the time shop for the best replacement. I replaced mine just as a precaution, but don't have the info handy right now. You can do a search on the forum and come up with several companies with replacements, prices and styles.

When you get your new lock, take a good look at the insides and make sure it is lubed good. I used a spray lube on my new one to make sure it got to the areas I could not see. Works smooth as butter now.
Good luck.
Actually: You are already in the thread with the discussion about different replacements--just go back a few pages.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #164

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Glad you're on the ball with the ref's Jamie. Getting old and can't keep up with all the posts anymore.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:13 AM   #165

Model: 2017 Vegas 25.2
State: Michigan
THOR #14701
I know this is an older thread but probably worth revisiting for the recent purchasers of used coaches such as myself!

We bought a used 2017 Vegas 25.2 recently and did have a issue with the door latch. Was a one time thing where my DW pulled the latch from outside and door would not open! She called me over and I could not get it to unlatch either! I fiddled with it a little and it finally unlatched! Canít say exactly what I did to get it open!
I discovered this thread tonight and am definitely going to replace the latch!

One thing I have noticed thru my many years of RVing is the number of people (most) who just slam there entry doors shut! This has to put quite a shock on the internals of the latch mechanisms! Especially the plunger!
I trained my Wife and kids right from the start to hold the latch open, push the door closed and then release the latch.
Never have had any issues with door hardware!