Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2019, 11:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9320
Axis- passenger seat air duct- almost no air

2014 Axis 24.1- the front cabin air duct that is near the center console blows very little air. Even when you shut all the other vents. All the other vents including the floor and defrost vents seem to work great. I did some digging and found that the duct hose is about 3 feet too long, but even after straightening out the hose, no different. The blower is super close to this vent, but hard to get to.

Any ideas?

Old 02-04-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well you can remove the center console and look.

First pull the radio out--there should be some tools in the Thor bag (given that you have a 2014 like we do you probably have a Jensen radio--the tools look like two U shaped wires). Push the wires into holes on either side of the radio, squeeze the U parts together and pull. The radio should just pop out.

Then looking into the radio hole you should see two studs protruding out from the top back of the center console with nuts on them. Remove the nuts.

There are two other nuts at the bottom corners of the console as well. These are a little tough to get at. Both sets, at least on mine, were hand tight.

Once all the nuts are off that center console piece should just lift out (be mindful of the studs you kind of have to pull the bottom out before lifting straight up if I remember correctly).

Then you'll have tons of access....
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:53 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I wonder if this hose is kinked somewhere under the dash.... Can you see it to confim before you remove the radio? Maybe some little pets sleeping your your vent hose?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:45 AM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9320
found it!

Thanks once again for the excellent ideas. I was able to gain access to this port on the blower assembly and remove the duct. Inside the blower, I found a piece of insulating foam that had come loose and was mostly covering this duct! We removed it completely. It took some fanangling but the wife and I got it back together and everything is working great!

This fix was important since in the summer you need to keep the air moving to stay cool.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Well you can remove the center console and look.

First pull the radio out--there should be some tools in the Thor bag (given that you have a 2014 like we do you probably have a Jensen radio--the tools look like two U shaped wires). Push the wires into holes on either side of the radio, squeeze the U parts together and pull. The radio should just pop out.

Then looking into the radio hole you should see two studs protruding out from the top back of the center console with nuts on them. Remove the nuts.

There are two other nuts at the bottom corners of the console as well. These are a little tough to get at. Both sets, at least on mine, were hand tight.

Once all the nuts are off that center console piece should just lift out (be mindful of the studs you kind of have to pull the bottom out before lifting straight up if I remember correctly).

Then you'll have tons of access....
Old 02-13-2019, 04:32 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Glad you got it fixed and it was cheap and easy. Those are the best kinds projects. LOL.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote