Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2019, 12:48 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #2482
DC Power not working - Thor Vegas

We have a 2015 Thor Vegas and the DC power is not working, the house batteries are fully charged and when we take it off of shore power, the DC power does not kick in, any ideas of what the problem could be? Thanks.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:53 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Did you switch the use/store switch to use?

Is the breaker by the house battery(ies) open/closed (under the step look for a yellow flag if its out push it back in)?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:38 AM   #3

THOR #2482
Yes, we did switch the "use" button, but still no power. We attempted to locate the reset button for the house battery but could not find it, we have looked extensively under the step where the batteries are. Does anyone know if it is located someplace else?
Old 03-30-2019, 02:09 AM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #3723
Check the circuit breaker under the steps. Located on the left side.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:35 PM   #5

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
In addition to the other comments so far......when you operate or turn off the use/store switch, do you hear a clunk from a relay operating and releasing somewhere in the coach? Usually no relay operating/releasing sound means the coach latching relay is not working for some reason. There is also typically a series mini 50 Amp breaker (resettable) in many coaches between the converter (coach battery charger)/DC fuse panel and the coach batteries. I am not familiar with your coach so finding that mini breaker can be fun.......sometimes under a bed; or mounted near/behind the DC breaker panel; sometimes in a BCC (Battery Control Cabinet). Depends on the coach. Maybe someone with your coach can advise on where that mini breaker (if equipped) is located.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:45 AM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #13317
Hi:

I concur with JimmieGeek. Had the same problem with my Thor Vegas 24.1 this morning. Generator would not start, got nothing from my dash switch and had to start the rv engine and for some reason the generator started. When I turned the engine off, the generator shut off too. My nephew and I took out the in house batteries and tested them together and separately. Both read between 12.6 and 13.0. When we were putting the batteries back into the battery compartment we noticed a yellow "flag" on the left wall of the battery compartment. We pushed the flag back in and low and behold, when I pressed the generator button on the dash, it lit up and 45 seconds of priming it started right up. I even put the generator under load with the AC and frig and it continued to run for another 45 minutes. I checked all breakers on the rv and nothing seemed out of place until we reset the yellow flag in the battery compartment. We even tested the converter switch and it tested fine. In short, look again in the battery compartment and the switch should be located on the left wall at the "7 o'clock" position from the left battery. Hope this helps.

Tags
dc power, thor vegas