Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Axis / vegas

Once again I found myself at Camping World for repairs video connection box for my cameras went bad waiting for it to come while I was there Camping World sales person told me they were no longer going to sell Axis / Vegas because they just didn't sell.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:21 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Late last year, here in NC I was at a Campers Inn for some repairs and I was told their Dealership was not going to sell the Thor Line up any more.

I hope they keep pulling maintenance on mine.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #3

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiquecowboy View Post
Once again I found myself at Camping World for repairs video connection box for my cameras went bad waiting for it to come while I was there Camping World sales person told me they were no longer going to sell Axis / Vegas because they just didn't sell.
You want to know what didn't sell? Our Giant RV in SoCal has their winter RV show at the Pomona Fairgrounds this week. You should go to their website and see all of the 2018 Winnebago Intents for sale, asking $69k.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:02 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Well I noticed my local Camping World has NOT stock an Axis for about 6 mo or more. I didnt think too much of it but it did struck me as odd.

But the do have Lots of Freedom Travelers (Little larger for the same price or maybe a little less than the Axis).

I personally think the Axis is the right size for us (for now) and there is no other SMALL A class RV on the market (Any brand) that comes close to the price, size and cuteness of the Axis / Vegas lineup.

I thought they would be a good seller but when I purchased mine from this CW in 2017 I know it was on their lot for at least 5 mo (I would look at it and other RV's for months before I pulled the trigge)".

At one time they had 4 diff Axis on the lot - so it was nice to compare them side by side.

But you might be on to something. Perhaps Freedom Travelers have replaced them at some Camping Worlds??
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #5

THOR #3992
Axis/Vegas

Camping World had two on their lot I called them the Stevie Wonder of motorhomes the color combinations were terrible you have to be a blind man to buy either one of them I think that was more of the problem everywhere I go with ours someone's always coming up and asking about it either buying gas or while we're camping
Old 01-01-2019, 08:37 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Keep in mind that the "Freedom" line (Freedom Elite, Freedom Traveler) are specifically for Camping World (made by Thor). They may just want to sell those (I'd bet CW gets a bigger % of the profit selling a CW line vs a Thor one).

Also keep in mind that the entire camping market is starting to trend downwards a little...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:08 AM   #7

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Keep in mind that the "Freedom" line (Freedom Elite, Freedom Traveler) are specifically for Camping World (made by Thor). They may just want to sell those (I'd bet CW gets a bigger % of the profit selling a CW line vs a Thor one).

Also keep in mind that the entire camping market is starting to trend downwards a little...
Yes, I have heard that CW has exclusive rights to the Freedom lineup.

Exactly.... esp. since the trend is towards smaller RV's you would think the Axis / Vegas linup would be booming rigth now.... Esp (IMO) that no other manufacture has anything like this currently (As in a small RUV based on E 350/450 chassis, narrow body, low to the ground and very cute).
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:25 AM   #8

THOR #3992
Axis/Vegas

Never seen a freedom traveler other than an ad wonder if it's built on the F-450 frame or the f53 which seemingly would make it bigger than axis I love how I can just drive ours anywhere no worries on gas or stopping for food
Old 01-02-2019, 01:49 AM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiquecowboy View Post
Never seen a freedom traveler other than an ad wonder if it's built on the F-450 frame or the f53 which seemingly would make it bigger than axis I love how I can just drive ours anywhere no worries on gas or stopping for food
Freedom Traveler's are F-53 based motorhomes:
https://freedom-motorhomes.com/freedom-traveler/specs/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote