Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Axis/Vegas front fuse box

For those asking (and for reference) about the front fuse panel in the Axis/Vega. Its in this compartment: (Drivers side front)

The diagram on the inside of the panel looks like:

The circuit board inside looks like:

(If you look closely my F35-Radio fuse is now 15A )

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #2

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
It's interesting that we don't have outside radios, electric steps, solar panels, docking lights, or jacks. Obviously a component reused from a higher-end model!

One wonders if those fuses are "hot" and used for something else or dead and available to be used for other things?

Randy
Old 03-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1547
Thanks for posting! Helped as we were heading out to check antenna booster fuse. It is fried!!

While out there we noticed a relay clicking frequently. Had never noticed that before. Have you noticed similar activity or do we have another problem?
Old 03-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Retired
While out there we noticed a relay clicking frequently. Had never noticed that before. Have you noticed similar activity or do we have another problem?
You should be able to touch the relay and feel if its clicking (at least that would let you know which one it is). Unless its one of the 3 just mounted to the wall in the compartment (no documentation for which one is which there). If its a relay on the board you could use the diagram to figure out which one it is..and then why.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald
It's interesting that we don't have outside radios, electric steps, solar panels, docking lights, or jacks. Obviously a component reused from a higher-end model!

One wonders if those fuses are "hot" and used for something else or dead and available to be used for other things?

Randy
Well despite it saying "RV Custom Products" the board is far from custom. Here you can buy one (including the case) on eBay:
RV camper motorhome Motor Coach Bus 50A Battery Control Center RV 2050 FW221 | eBay
Even better someone uploaded the manual for the thing! (See attached). Have to love the internet! (That document is for revision B..I can't see what revision my board is from the photo--there is a wire blocking it. I would imagine that ours is newer given the document is 7 years old)

Wow that document has a circuit diagram, block diagram, and theory of operation! Jackpot!

From the looks of it, though, the Axis doesn't make use of the Chassis battery disconnect feature on that board (Fuse 44 is missing and a bunch of wires aren't populated on connector P15).
There is a good description in there of what happens when the coach battery is disconnected and you start the engine and/or genny or connect to shore power.
Looks like whomever scanned that document in was trying to point out an issue for someone (all the handwriting on it).

I wonder if Thor would send us a copy of the document for the circuit board in our coach if we asked?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV custom products.pdf (414.6 KB, 794 views)
Old 03-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
THOR #531
Unfortunately, I do not have such a fuse box. I am sure for Class C's they use the E450's built-in fuse panels.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z
Unfortunately, I do not have such a fuse box. I am sure for Class C's they use the E450's built-in fuse panels.
Yet our Axis is built on an E350 chassis. I wonder if this means the Vegas/Axis are more Class-A like than they are Class-C (which also means that most of the E-350 fuses under the dash are not used).
Old 09-01-2017, 01:36 AM   #8

Model: Vegas
State: Florida
THOR #7722
2016 Thor axis Fuse

My front windshields privacy shade doesn't move but learn button does lots of beeping. Maybe fuse is no good. Any idea where it may be located??
Old 09-01-2017, 02:05 AM   #9

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #6009
This is the box that is in that compartment on my 25.2 I became familiar with it when most everything it controls failed. If you blow it up, you can see the white wires on top. The back one isn't seated properly. It was just sitting on top, intermittently making contact. The picture is rotated 90° To the left
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1971.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	6670  
Old 09-01-2017, 02:36 AM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Yep the F 09 25 amp fuse marked HVAC Blower was what shut down my chassis a/c.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #11

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 24.1
THOR #7058
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
For those asking (and for reference) about the front fuse panel in the Axis/Vega. Its in this compartment: (Drivers side front)

The diagram on the inside of the panel looks like:

The circuit board inside looks like:

(If you look closely my F35-Radio fuse is now 15A )

Jamie,

I have a 2017 thor vegas and am trying to locate the fuse for the exterior lights. Where would this fuse be located?

Thanks,

Jimbo
Old 02-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #12
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Jamie,

I have a 2017 thor vegas and am trying to locate the fuse for the exterior lights. Where would this fuse be located?

Thanks,

Jimbo
Not sure, they could either be in that fuse box in the drivers front compartment, the Ford fuse box under the dash by the pedals, or I think there is one under the "hood" as well.

Ed may have a reference in the crowd sourced owner's manual if you haven't already downloaded it:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
Old 02-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #13

THOR #7058
Thanks Jamie
Old 02-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #14

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #4366
Our 2016 24.1 has two fuse boxes, one out under the "hood" and one inside by the brake pedal. Don't know of any others. Also some of our fuse are labled incorrectly per the owners manuals.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #15

THOR #7058
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Our 2016 24.1 has two fuse boxes, one out under the "hood" and one inside by the brake pedal. Don't know of any others. Also some of our fuse are labled incorrectly per the owners manuals.
Thanks.

Jimbo
Old 02-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #16

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
There’s a third fuse box - in the outside compartment under the driver’s side window. It has all the Thor added fuses. Then, of course, there are the 120v breakers under the fridge.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #17

THOR #7058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
There’s a third fuse box - in the outside compartment under the driver’s side window. It has all the Thor added fuses. Then, of course, there are the 120v breakers under the fridge.
Thank you
Old 02-08-2018, 12:40 AM   #18

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
25 -2 that i have has no fuse box under drivers side dash.when blower motor quit i called THOR tech and was told under dash drivers side so with flash light in1 hand and phone in the other i told tech guy that they must have forgot to put it in because its not there then sent him a couple pictures. he said have to get hold of enginering and will call back. called back and said its under dash. i ask to speak to someone that can answer my question .a man named Tom ask what problem was so i explained it over again he said its under drivers seat in front compartment. then he said how long have you been trying to get answer?
i said i don't want to talk about it. he
Old 02-08-2018, 03:02 AM   #19

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
25 -2 that i have has no fuse box under drivers side dash.when blower motor quit i called THOR tech and was told under dash drivers side so with flash light in1 hand and phone in the other i told tech guy that they must have forgot to put it in because its not there then sent him a couple pictures. he said have to get hold of enginering and will call back. called back and said its under dash. i ask to speak to someone that can answer my question .a man named Tom ask what problem was so i explained it over again he said its under drivers seat in front compartment. then he said how long have you been trying to get answer?
i said i don't want to talk about it. he
If you are looking for the HVAC blower, the fuse is F9 in the fuse box in the outside compartment under the driver’s side window - next to the left front wheel - at least in the 24.1.
It’s not the “this is it” notation. You have to search for F9 in the diagram.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5828CC16-FAC8-4EE5-825C-510FFCBDBE54.jpg
Views:	3893
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	8936  
Old 02-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #20

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
thanks Oneilkeys, this happened 1 1/2 years ago when i had 65 miles on MH.
that was the time i found out the manual that i got with the unit was useless . much like the dealer and Thor. i took MH to Cummins Crosspoint a large truck and MH shop 5 miles from my house . they took 1 day to replace blower motor after a phone call to thor and another day to have Thor ship motor.they did all my warranty work for first year and it was taken care of by Thor.