Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2018, 10:53 PM   #81

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
All,

Thanks for the information, there is a 3/4" gap right in the center that I can find nothing in place. Will reseal the entire run down the sides and across the bottom.

Merry Christmas to ALL.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #82

THOR #2142
OUCH, "caulking for slide leaks"...what an eye opener!

I went to clean out the seam, lots of "black crack stuff" at the junction of the trim and the major slide panel. Once the stuff was cleaned out there were dozens of cracks and areas you could see the trim flex away from the panel. Not sure which one was the culprit so I caulked the entire trim line, upper, rt, lower, left and even the pretty corner "elbow" that were really full of the "black crack stuff".

I'll roll the slide in after Christmas and test it on the rains coming back Thursday.

Thanks for the information!
Doc

Old 12-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #83

THOR #2142
Jamie and Earl,

Thanks for the info and input, as of now the leak from around the trim on the slide is plugged.

Doc

Old 12-30-2018, 01:27 PM   #84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Leaks

Good to hear Doc. I am about ready to bite the bullet and pay for covered storage.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:53 PM   #85

THOR #2142
Earl,

Good luck with the storage arrangement. We plan to downsize in a year or two so I'm toying with getting some kind of storage/cover/carport at the new home site.

Have a Happy New Year!

Doc

Old 01-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #86

Model: 16 Vegas 24.1 6 sp
State: Washington
THOR #3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
I am so glad this thread was started! I checked the upper side windows at this corner, SMH! They attempted to seal this area, but actually created a funnel for the water to go into this area. The quality control is abysmal. Most of the sealant issues I find are because they didn’t take hardly any time to do it right and barely used any sealant. So, I fixed it myself, because warranty work takes forever and numerous times it isn’t done right.
Is the photo of the silicone the before or after.... my 24.1 has developed a couple of leaks after 3 years of Pacific NW rains.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:12 PM   #87

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Access Vegas window leak

I keep mind covered storage today my wife went out to clean it For an upcoming trip and we noticed some bubbles under the driver side window not all that bad but after seeing the pictures on this form really got me concerned
Old 01-30-2019, 01:11 AM   #88

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiquecowboy View Post
I keep mind covered storage today my wife went out to clean it For an upcoming trip and we noticed some bubbles under the driver side window not all that bad but after seeing the pictures on this form really got me concerned
Check underneath your windows to make sure Thor didnt seal the weep holes, as they did on mine.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:05 AM   #89

THOR #10788
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw887 View Post
Is the photo of the silicone the before or after.... my 24.1 has developed a couple of leaks after 3 years of Pacific NW rains.

This is the before picture of the lame attempt by someone to prevent a leak.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:07 AM   #90

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Question

Because our dealer had to order parts and they were also moving to a larger location, we agreed to store our Vegas for the winter and bring her back after they completed their move and we had a thaw. Well after a long winters nap, we drove the RUV to the new location (very nice facility). Sure enough they have now pulled the drivers side window, removed the wall covering and are letting things dry out. So far their service has been very good and they are even calling with updates!

Looking for some advice on what I need to look for to make sure this water/wall damage is one-repaired correctly and two-eliminate the leaks from happening again. Any suggestions from you experienced Axis/Vegas owners would be most appreciative. Thank you in advance
Old 03-26-2019, 03:41 PM   #91

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichFigs View Post
Because our dealer had to order parts and they were also moving to a larger location, we agreed to store our Vegas for the winter and bring her back after they completed their move and we had a thaw. Well after a long winters nap, we drove the RUV to the new location (very nice facility). Sure enough they have now pulled the drivers side window, removed the wall covering and are letting things dry out. So far their service has been very good and they are even calling with updates!

Looking for some advice on what I need to look for to make sure this water/wall damage is one-repaired correctly and two-eliminate the leaks from happening again. Any suggestions from you experienced Axis/Vegas owners would be most appreciative. Thank you in advance
3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 Black is my BFF when it comes to sealing up the "leaxis". Almost all of my attached items were either leaking from improper placement, and/or design. Read my posts..., and I haven't even got to use it yet in the 6 months I've owned it....
Old 03-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #92

State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAxisOwner View Post
3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 Black is my BFF when it comes to sealing up the "leaxis". Almost all of my attached items were either leaking from improper placement, and/or design. Read my posts..., and I haven't even got to use it yet in the 6 months I've owned it....

Thank you for helping out, will get some of the 3M 5200 and try it out!

PS) I feel your pain as to not using the RUV...we purchased a year ago LAST NOVEMBER & have not used a lot. Our thinking on purchase was;
take a year to outfit & shake down the warranty issues then on retirement hit the road. Well it will be closer to two years but hopefully to be there by the autumn of this year!
Old 03-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #93

THOR #3770
Window leak, gasket replaced

Lots of leaks

Dealer removed both windows and replaced the "D" shaped gasket. They said the leaks were due to the gasket not being seated all the way around the window. Also had the roof replaced! major leakage. The amber lights above the front also leaked and we had to replace one, gasket crimped, and re-caulk the others.

This was a major yard period, been in dry-dock for 3 months. Sea trials next week.

Paul
Old 08-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #94

State: Quebec
THOR #2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
Is this the area everyone is talking about??Attachment 14009
This is actually the water entry point, inside panel was removed, took water hose and effectively water entered from this joint. Very bad design, many problems would have been eliminated with a proper sealing of that area.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:49 PM   #95

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by michbout View Post
This is actually the water entry point, inside panel was removed, took water hose and effectively water entered from this joint. Very bad design, many problems would have been eliminated with a proper sealing of that area.

Yes!