Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane
State: Texas
THOR #5244
backup camera and radio out on thor hurrcane 2017

New to rv'ing .. just got a towed vehicle and Blue Ox setup .. noticed when going to the instillation shop the radio and in turn the rearview camera were not working .. thinking a fuse .. does anyone know where it would be ( number) read the owners manual over and over nothing on rearview camera and radio .. a little help .. because it nerve racking not knowing the car is still there

Old 04-04-2017, 09:07 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Virginia
THOR #6664
Hi Charlie,

I had a similar issue on my Hurricane. Turns out the the switch for the coach batteries was in "store" mode, and for whatever reason the dash unit runs off the coach batteries. Flipped the switch and all was fine. Hope your fix is as easy!

Jim
Old 04-04-2017, 09:52 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
The radio fuse is the #4 fuse in the main fuse panel and the power does come from the house batteries. The inline fuse behind the radio is to keep the presets alive when the ignition is off. It is powered by the chassis battery. Note: When the hazard flashers are activated, the dash radio will select the rear view camera and override all other radio functions.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:29 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 2437 View Post
New to rv'ing .. just got a towed vehicle and Blue Ox setup .. noticed when going to the instillation shop the radio and in turn the rearview camera were not working .. thinking a fuse .. does anyone know where it would be ( number) read the owners manual over and over nothing on rearview camera and radio .. a little help .. because it nerve racking not knowing the car is still there
I also had this problem...called the dealer...he asked if I had the RV in "store" mode. Sure enough that was the problem. When not plugged in or using the generator, the switch has to be in "use" mode to use the radio. I have had my unit for a year, but this is the first time using it after being stored. I leave it in "use" mode all the time until storing for the winter, since I use it often throughout the year.

Of course this could be unique to the Miramar.