Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2016, 01:41 AM   #221
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
First. The arrow to the right from the chassis disconnect goes to the electrical systems that are hooked to the chassis battery. The line down from the left hand side of the chassis disconnect leads to the chassis battery. That is how you can charge the chassis battery with the disconnect switches open. Remember, this diagram is for a typical installation, not exactly for the Axis. In the Axis there are apparently two disconnect switches for the coach batteries and one for the chassis battery. One coach disconnect is located on the left hand side of the battery case beneath the stairs and the second behind the panel next to the refrigerator (converter). According to the diagram, the Trombetta feeds both the coach disconnect (in the battery case) and the coach batteries directly. I am not sure that is the case on the Axis. If the coach disconnect is open, I do not believe the coach batteries will charge. I will have to test that one out. In the Axis, I believe the coach batteries are connected to the left hand side of the coach disconnect. The coach systems and converter are also fed from the left side of the Coach disconnect.
Clear as mud!
Thankyou for the clarification...I knew you had more experience with this
'under the hood' configuration !

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:51 AM   #222

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Oneilkeys: thanks for the addition info. That makes perfect sense.

It would have been nice if they would have drawn the two disconnects on the BIRD diagram to look more like the actual disconnects. On the drawing they look more like latching relays. The Trombetta is drawn very much like it actually looks. The two disconnects on the drawing look like smaller versions of the Trombretta. That is why I thought the disconnects were latching relays.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axis 24.1, battery, jump start