Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2015, 11:44 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
Rain leak ACE 29.3

It's raining! Finding water on counter behind stove top and rest of counter behind sink. I suspect it's leaking thru the stove vent. Anyone else have an issue link this?

I have checked the louvres from outside and they are closed. Can't see any other possible source for leak.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:46 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2748
I have a 2015 ace 30.1 had same issue. I siliconed around the outside of plastic stove vent cover, top and sides no more leak.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:25 AM   #3

State: California
THOR #1494
Same exact problem with thor axis 24.1. Had the vent cover siliconed and took care of it. Really aggravating lack of attention to detail by thor
Old 10-31-2015, 03:18 AM   #4

THOR #1052
Exact same issue on first campout. Water was entering in the area between the vent a hood outlet and the surrounding wall. Run a bead of silicon around the whole plastic outlet and that should solve your problem
Old 10-31-2015, 03:50 AM   #5

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
so much for the rain test by Thor they say every RV goes through prior to leaving the factory! Mine leaked in the front side windows - the drain holes were blocked with rubber sealant.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:50 AM   #6

THOR #1494
That was the problem on our last trip. This trip, today, our thor axis 24.1 is at the ford dealer getting a transmission whine fixed while we sit in a hotel for 3 days. Have had issues every trip in our 10k miles. Love the layout but will never buy thor products again.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #7

Model: 2012 Daybreak 28PD
THOR #556
I wouldn't use silicone. Adhesion is mediocre and it can't be resealed without removing every trace of the old silicone. There are many other superior sealants like polyurethane for instance.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #8

THOR #1494
So whats the deal with thor...they just skip the sealing step, or the person responsible for the task is negligent? Or, is it a design issue. How many complaints does it take to resolve the problem in the process. Or, is quality too much of an expectation?
Old 10-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #9

Model: ACE 29.2
THOR #1406
Kenneth, I agree with your comments on silicone. Also in south Texas, the sun simply defeats it's sticking properties. Please give me the brand name of the Poly product. Thks
Old 11-11-2015, 01:42 AM   #10

Model: windsport 27k
State: Florida
THOR #1140
rain leak

I have a 2015 windsport 27k and I have been getting rain coming in when the slide is in. It seams to be coming in between the the pantry and the oven . the water already damaged the valance by the oven. Thor says they will cover the new valance under warenty . I am bringing it in to general rv . I hope they can fix the leak. They said they fixed it last wednesday. They charged me 90 dollars for putting sealent somewhere.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #11

Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
THOR #1793
Another trip, more rain. Thanks for the sealing suggestions around the outside stove vent. It appears to be staying dry.

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #12

Model: ACE 29.3
THOR #3374
Same here. Leak at stove vent cover. Sealed top and sides.
2015 ACE 29.3
Old 12-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #13

THOR #1494
Honestly, sometimes 'silicone" is a generic term
Old 12-15-2015, 03:40 AM   #14

THOR #3261
Geocel clear is supposed to work good.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #15

Model: ACE 29.3
THOR #3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce bus View Post
I have a 2015 windsport 27k and I have been getting rain coming in when the slide is in. It seams to be coming in between the the pantry and the oven . the water already damaged the valance by the oven. Thor says they will cover the new valance under warenty . I am bringing it in to general rv . I hope they can fix the leak. They said they fixed it last wednesday. They charged me 90 dollars for putting sealent somewhere.
Can you expand on your fix? I fixed the stove top vent leak, but now I have the same issue as you. Also, did general RV's fix work?
Old 12-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #16

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #13082
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
It's raining! Finding water on counter behind stove top and rest of counter behind sink. I suspect it's leaking thru the stove vent. Anyone else have an issue link this?

I have checked the louvres from outside and they are closed. Can't see any other possible source for leak.
I just encountered the same issue with my Vegas 24.1. This past weekend at the beach. I just ordered. A tube of Non-Slag Lap Sealant (Dicor product) for resealing the outside vent of the mh. You can buy it through Amazon. Just make sure it is right color match. It comes in white, but I'll be looking a clear color. Hopefully that should remedy our water leakage.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:01 PM   #17

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #13082
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtravel View Post
I just encountered the same issue with my Vegas 24.1. This past weekend at the beach. I just ordered. A tube of Non-Slag Lap Sealant (Dicor product) for resealing the outside vent of the mh. You can buy it through Amazon. Just make sure it is right color match. It comes in white, but I'll be looking a clear color. Hopefully that should remedy our water leakage.
I just found a good polyurethane product though Home Depot. It is Loctite PL 540-clear. It is advertised for $5.97. I will use this product instead of the Non-Slag lap Sealent to seal around the vent cover.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:50 PM   #18

State: North Carolina
THOR #14515
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post

We own 2018 Ace, we have had to camping World three times for leaking under slide in bedroom, I don’t think they do a good enough job sealing the unit,.