Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: North Carolina
THOR #3325
Bed stuck in the down position

Hello

A new owner here. The bed above the driver is stuck in the down position. It appears the one side has something stuck in the tracks on the left side (while looking out the drivers window towards the road) The right side goes up, the left starts and then stops. I do not want to force it.

Any help from the group would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If you have cabinets in the drivers area the controller should be located in one of them. Have you checked the error code on the controller? The code will be a number of red flashes separated by a green flash.

In all actuality the overhead bunk is an indoor horizontal slide using the same schwintek components.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:56 PM   #3

Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: North Carolina
THOR #3325
Thanks - Turned the system off, back on and then tried again. Seems like the unit reset itself and the bunk went right back up. Thanks for the tip about the controller - I found it - or at least identified what it controlled.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
One thing to keep in mind, just like the slides when you are raising and lowering the bunk do not stop in the middle of the operation because it can get the motors out of sync and jam.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:36 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #1670
I have had the seat belt tab get jammed in the bed
Old 01-30-2016, 05:22 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRider View Post
Hello

A new owner here. The bed above the driver is stuck in the down position. It appears the one side has something stuck in the tracks on the left side (while looking out the drivers window towards the road) The right side goes up, the left starts and then stops. I do not want to force it.

Any help from the group would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi there. Not sure what model your coach is, but we have a 2016 Hurricane 27K.

On our trip home from the dealer, after the PDI, we noticed the overhead bed was sagging on the passenger side. When we got home we tried to lower it, and it came down most of the way. We then tried to raise it, but it got stuck - to the point that we thought we'd have to call a technician to come to our house as we could not have driven it back to the dealer with the bed so low. After a lot of "fiddling" we finally got it pushed up enough to where we could drive it the 80+ miles to the dealer. It had only 1 pin in it as the passenger side pin was impossible to lock in.

Turns out the track going down the side on the passenger's side of the coach was loose and off kilter. The dealer repaired it - under warranty of course.

We have no plans to use ours since it's just the 2 of us, but we still want it to operate properly.

Hope you got yours to work properly!

Eileen in AZ
Old 05-10-2016, 03:01 AM   #7

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4244
Overhead drop down bed - Locking pins fall out

2015 - Hurricane 27K... Locking pins will not stay in place , seem to vibrate out , half way and then get jammed by bed... ANYONE figure out way to keep them in place ...??? Thanx ...!!!
Old 05-10-2016, 02:40 PM   #8

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
My pins on our 35.1 PALAZZO also loosen up. Only fix I have found is to insert pins, then lower bunk to put pressure on them.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:42 PM   #9

State: Alaska
THOR #3993
A dealer actually told us to do that. Put the pins in and lower the bunk onto them. A Thor tech told us, if you notice there is a little ball or bump on the end of the pins. It you get the pins in all the way and properly aligned, turn them slightly and the ball holds them in. Then to take them out, turn until they are in alignment and then pull straight out.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:40 PM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
State: Wyoming
THOR #4255
ours wont go up evenly any thoughts
Old 05-11-2016, 10:46 PM   #11

State: Alaska
THOR #3993
Neal, if it's only a little bit off they told us to put it all the way up and all the way down several times 5-6 times in a row until it realigns itself. We had one corner drastically off by several inches an my husband stood under it and pushed up as hard as he could while I was using the button and we got it to unstick itself and after 5 up and downs to re-align it has been fine.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:07 AM   #12

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4244
The locking pins ...

Yep - the up and down thing seems to be working to get the two motors "in synch" with each other... been that route and it works OK. BUT -

The locking pins... all have that little spring loaded ball at the end and will not stay fastened in place - but I'm thinking the dealer and tech are trying a little bit of voodoo BS with the "turn 'em" suggestion...

The locking arrangement is a bad design ( IMHO, of course...) and needs to be modified with something that is actually threaded into rail so that it stays there... Quarter turn fastener of some sort - I just don't have a mechanical design background with enuf experience, to know what's out there in the world of fasteners, that would work.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:57 PM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
State: Michigan
THOR #3954
Bed stuck in the down position

We were told by a Thor factory service tech to always insert the pins with the bunk fully up, then drop it down the inch or two against them. The weight of the bunk keeps them in place. Raise the bunk to pull the pins, and always lower and raise completely to ensure the motors stay in sync.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:40 PM   #14

State: California
THOR #10638
Sync procedure

New, first time RV owner here. Driver side bunk slide stuck about 4-6 inches below passenger side exactly as described by others here. Senior Good Sam tech jumped to the conclusion that the Hall effect sensor was at fault and that the motor needed to be replaced. I followed my own advice to RTFMS and found a simple re-sync procedure that fixed the problem. According to the Schwintek manual- Raise the bed as far as it will go (I helped it a bit by pushing the first time). Then lower 1-2 inches, stop and raise as far as it can go then hold the switch for a few seconds. Lower 1-2 inches and raise again. Took me about 5-6 tries and the bed re-sync'ed perfectly. Thereafter always take the bed ALL the way up and ALL the way down- hold the switch a few seconds on both ends of travel to help keep the motors in sync.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:43 PM   #15

State: California
THOR #10638
Bed slide controller

BTW- the senior Good Sam tech could not find the bunk bed controller in the Axis 24.1 schematics. Does anyone know where it is?? ( It is not in the under-coach compartment under the driver- that controller is for the room slide out.)