Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2017, 09:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Windsport Slide out Pantry

Group, I've a 2016 31S with the slide out pantry that DW loves. We've only done a couple extended trips and the slide out pantry has worked great, until this past trip. It comes out about half way (one foot) then stops. The latch is released and there is no evident reason for it to stop. I can't see a thing that would prevent it from extending the full distance as it has it the past.
Has anyone had this sort of problem with the pantry?
Bruce W
USAF (Ret.)

Old 10-01-2017, 12:15 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Any chance something could have fallen out of the pantry and become jammed? Does the sliding door next to it work smoothly? Is the return air at the bottom of your fridge or do you have a residential fridge? If return air under the fridge can you remove the cover and see inside? That only helps if the blockage is at floor level.
Of course, there's always the last gasp effort of pull with force and then have to risk having consequences - or reward. Is the pantry on a track or rollers?
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:42 AM   #3

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Had a similar problem with our Challenger pantry. Sure enough something had fallen underneath and was keeping the pantry from coming open. Fortunately I was able to fish the item out.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:30 AM   #4

Model: Hurticane 34J
State: Massachusetts
THOR #1987
We have a slide out pantry on our Hurricane 34J. The frame of the pantry is adjustable for height based on different applications with 1 square tube sliding into the other. The smaller tube that slides into the other is just narrow enough that one of the hanging baskets slips a little past it then hits the door frame. Its always been one of the things I’m gonna look for a better solution, but we get used to just lifting the basket a bit to slide the pantry out lol.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #5

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Windsport Slideout Pantry

Thanks to all who replied. Unfortunately I am still dumbfounded as to what is causing the cabinet to stop sliding out. I'm going to post a couple pictures, one with the cabinet in the travel position, the other with the slide out as far as it will come today!
It's in a cabinet by itself, a solid wall on each side as it's between the slide out bathroom door and the regular refrigerator, i.e. not domestic.
I've lubricated the slides also.

Bruce W
USAF (Ret.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry Slider 2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	7208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry  Slider 1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	71.7 KB