Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #3261
Challenger 37ND Rapid Camp Controller Question

Does anyone know where the Rapid Camp wireless receiver is located on this rig?

I need to figure out why the wall switches for the slideouts never function. The slides do work fine using the wireless controller, and the wires behind the panel are connected to the switches, so I suspect a loose connector at the wireless receiver.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:57 PM   #2

Model: challenger 36 TL
State: Illinois
THOR #6705
Rapid Camp

Hi, Chip. I have a 2017 challenger 36 TL and ours is mounted under the
bed on the left side behind a panel that is screwed into the foot of the bed.
I don't know if they are the same, but might be. Good Luck !
Old 04-30-2017, 11:52 PM   #3

Model: Challenger KT
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2719
I had a rapid camp remote issue on my 2016 Challenger KT and the dealer had to reattach the antenna which I believe was under the bed. After that it has worked fine without issue.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #4

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Does anyone know where the Rapid Camp wireless receiver is located on this rig?

I need to figure out why the wall switches for the slideouts never function. The slides do work fine using the wireless controller, and the wires behind the panel are connected to the switches, so I suspect a loose connector at the wireless receiver.
The rapid camp should be under the panel under the bed. Remove the four screws, and it is in with all of the electrical connections.
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:27 PM   #5

THOR #3261
Yep! It's there somewhere in the bed. I can hear a relay clicking when i use the remote. I haven't found any access panel yet. I may try my cheapo boroscope and see if i can spot it. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #6

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Yep! It's there somewhere in the bed. I can hear a relay clicking when i use the remote. I haven't found any access panel yet. I may try my cheapo boroscope and see if i can spot it. Thanks for the info.
I believe the bed has to be in (retracted). You should have storage under the bed. Lift up the access panel and then there "should" be 4 screws to remove which will gain you access to the rapid camp
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:05 AM   #7

Model: challenger 36 TL
State: Illinois
THOR #6705
Hi, Chip. Try using your rapid camp to retract your slides completely and then try your wall switches, because I know if you use your rapid camp for turning on lights if you don't use it to shut them off, the wall switches don't work, until you shut them off with the rapid camp. I have never tried that with the slides or generator, but maybe works the same way. Robert
Old 05-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #8

THOR #3261
Tried the switches with the slides in and with them out. No go.

Just need to keep poking around. I'll find it eventually.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #9

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Chip - we'll give you the benefit of our wrestling match. Everyone including Thor told me it was under the bed. What nobody told me is that the module is under the bed but behind the paneling used to protect the back of the fuse panel. So lift the bed, take your screwdriver (electric hopefully) and remove the screws securing the inside panel that runs the entire length of the space at the foot of the bed. You should now see the back of the fuse panel AND the elusive Rapid Camp control module (RCCM).

Again from our experience, this RCCM acts as a relay to insure that ignition switch is off. Note the important words - relay. Our RCCM wasn't getting power to the out side of the relay OR the input side. As an interim measure, I ran power from the front 12V battery directly back to the switch. Bingo, Bango, Bongo - everything worked. From there I was able to accomplish the repair.

For your problem, I would get an electrical multimeter to insure:
-first 12v current
-then check condition of circuits (open or closed) when pressing switches.

You can check my post on the Rapid Camp debacle here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...king-5353.html

Not sure this helps but hopefully.