Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2017, 12:25 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: EV030.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6208
Chassis Separation

2015 Thor Ace 30.1 : Chassis storage compartment bottom has separated from Motorhome sidewall. Has anyone else experienced? Have messaged Thor Customer Service and awaiting an response. Not seeing a way to re-attach the compartment flooring to the sidewall. Looks like it was just spray foamed ???

All thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:39 AM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4Fun View Post
2015 Thor Ace 30.1 : Chassis storage compartment bottom has separated from Motorhome sidewall. Has anyone else experienced? Have messaged Thor Customer Service and awaiting an response. Not seeing a way to re-attach the compartment flooring to the sidewall. Looks like it was just spray foamed ???

All thoughts and suggestions welcomed.
Hmmm ...

I think we've got the same issue. Is the separation just inside the door on the left, next to the "mud room"? The crack(?) isn't very large and doesn't look like it's going to get bigger, but I don't like seeing light coming through from the bottom.

I had our RV repair shop look at it, and they said that it was sealed with foam. We're going to seal it up with more foam, as the repair shop didn't have a clue about what to do otherwise.

Please post Thor's response. VERY curious minds want to know!

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:07 AM   #3

THOR #6208
Location of separation is in the black/gray water compartment. It is a substantial gap and will take a significant amount of foam to fill the gap.

Raises questions on structural integrity.

Now I'll need to check the other areas.

Will post Thor's response.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #4

THOR #6208
Thor Response

Well got a response this morning from Thor ....."take it to the dealer......". So we will make an appointment, however one wonders does Thor stay on top of their product!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #5

THOR #3952
My storage compartment on my 30.1, right rear under the bed area came loose from the side. I just installed some more screws through the plastic flange. I did have some pretty heavy stuff in it. I noticed the on the other side where the furnace and water heater is located had a metal strip screwed over the plastic flange. Good idea to check them all.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:28 PM   #6

THOR #6208
Thank you. We did check all the other compartments. The only one is the black/grey water compartment. We do not store anything in that compartment. It appears that the side wall and compartment floor were only "foamed". Not sure how Thor's design team thought that would hold together. Our service team has suggested installing L-brackets to secure and stabilize. And then re-foam the space.
I do like to make Thor corporate aware of issues that I see as design flaws. Hopefully, Thor will acknowledge.