Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
cheap OEM drawer slides

So loaded up recently for our longest trip yet in the RV. Two out of the three larger drawers in the bedroom buckled under the pressure of a full load of socks!

Nothing heavy, just a normal load of clothes.... The fell off track, I re installed. Finally, they broke not too far down the road.

I'm not even going to bother with warranty. Will hopefully find some HD slides to fit at Lowes or Home Depot.....

Ugh!!!!

I had already re installed these things when i first bought the coach, as they were not installed "straight", and with only one screw where there should have been 2 or three......

Old 12-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #2

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
I had that problem with the pot drawer. When I got in there I found that there were no screws in the back, none, zip, zilch, nada. Not that they pulled out, they were never there. No screw-holes at all.

I think you'll find the slides aren't bad when properly installed. But, you will have to add some "meat" whatever you do. If your coach is like ours the face frames are MDF. Once the mounting screw pulls out it will never hold again.

I glued and screwed 3/4 ply doublers to the back side of the face frame and attached the front of each slide to that. The back ends were already ply, and pristine, so no real issues there.

It was 4 hour job to get it right, and I theoretically know what I'm doing. Used up all my bad words for the next few years too.

Randy
Old 12-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
This is a common theme.. who the heck is building these things? No pride at all!