Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2019, 01:03 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #11250
Water tank loss

After I filled my fresh water tank I noticed that my water was leaking out from outside under coach. I stuck flashlight up and see it is coming from a pipe about my finger size. Seems that I lost a plug fitting! I have a 2016 Vegas. Single lady who’s proud of myself crawling underneath there!!!
Any ideas on fixing it?

Old 03-21-2019, 01:28 AM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson185 View Post
After I filled my fresh water tank I noticed that my water was leaking out from outside under coach. I stuck flashlight up and see it is coming from a pipe about my finger size. Seems that I lost a plug fitting! I have a 2016 Vegas. Single lady who’s proud of myself crawling underneath there!!!

Any ideas on fixing it?

Well I don’t have a Vegas but are you sure it’s not just the tank drain line? Perhaps the drain valve got left open or may have frozen and cracked over the winter?
Old 03-21-2019, 01:30 AM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #11250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Well I don’t have a Vegas but are you sure it’s not just the tank drain line? Perhaps the drain valve got left open or may have frozen and cracked over the winter?
Where is the drain valve? Inside or outside ?
Thanks!!!
Old 03-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’m sure a Vegas/Axis owner will jump in here with specific help. Generally though the tank drain valve is, not surprisingly, somewhere along the base of the fresh water tank. On many coaches you’ll find it inside under the bed or a dinette seat but I don’t know where Vegas’s water ants are so can’t be more helpful. If the valve is damaged it is not difficult or expensive to replace. Of course you have to find it first.....

If this valve isn’t the problem there is another possibility that the water is coming from a low point drain. It’s a similar valve that might be a bit harder to locate without another owner’s help.

Did you perhaps have your coach winterized and are you now unwinterizing it?
Old 03-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
My ACE is a close cousin to the Vegas. Was the hose below the fresh water tank or somewhere else? My fresh water drain is on the other side of the coach, is why I asked. Make sure all of your low point drain valves are closed. In my coach they are a pull up type of valve maybe one got stuck. My ACE does not have a dedicated fresh water drain pipe. It drains through a valve in the line from tank to pump.

Or at the end of the pipe is threaded you like you said may need a plug or cap those you should be able to get at big box store. That's all I have hope it helps
Old 03-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #6

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
I have a 2015 Vegas 24.1
My water tank drain valve is under the passenger side bed, along with the low point drains.

This is a post with a link to Ed Felker's manual, written for the Vegas/ axis. It has an incredible amount of great info.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
Old 03-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #7

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Similar to what was said before, look under your passenger bed. Located at the floor level next to the water tank there should be two water valves that look just like the ones for your house lavatory and toilet water connections. One should have a red (hot) water line and the other blue (cold). I suspect that one or both of these was left open.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #8

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
This is a link to a more up to date manual
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...HLL9VgYM7QFbos

Tags
water leak