Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation Sprinter 24SR
State: Oregon
THOR #972
Citation Sprinter 24SR Slide Out

A fellow owner and I have been researching how to retract the slideouts of our Sprinter SR in the event of battery failure. Surprisingly I think I found the answer in the generic owner manual for Thor Class B+, Class c & Class A Gas.

Since we can't locate anything to manually crank I figure we're supposed to disconnect the control board from the motors, push the slide in and then reconnect the control board so the motor brakes will keep the slide in.

One wonders if battery failure was the reason one had to manually push the slide in if the motor brakes will function.

Ed
Citation Sprinter 24SR

Old 07-25-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Hopefully you have a slide lock that came with the rig. If I had to manually retract a slide I would use the slide lock because if the motor is the cause of the failure the motor brake may not work.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
If they are Schwintek slides, I think you are supposed to remove a screw from the motor, then slide the motor down a channel which disengages the pinion from the rack.

Then you can manually push in the slide out.

Since you can not necessarily access the motor to put it back into place when you retract the slide, you need to use a 2x4 or bracket that came with the unit to prevent the slide out from extending when as you drive down the road.

Apparently, units made in some years do not come with a bracket. My rig did not come with a bracket, so Lippert recommends jamming a 2x4 into the slide out.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #4

Model: Citation 24SR
State: New Mexico
THOR #2570
manual slide retraction

I just picked up my SR yesterday and had the tech walk through the procedure. Upper corner each slide is a set screw. Remove that to allow access to the motor. Use a flat blade screwdriver to pry the motor up and out. disconnect the motor - may have to go inside behind the seal to unplug. Do this in both upper corners. Then, with some help, and being careful to keep the slide even, push it back into the wall. Then replace the motor, the same way it came out, to lock the slide back in place.

I seriously hope I never have to do this, but these are the directions I was given. Thought I'd share in case that is any help.