Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation 24SS
State: Arkansas
THOR #16991
Citation Sprinter Brake Fuse Location

Had a blown fuse on my 2017 Citation, neither Thor nor Mercedes could point me to the simple location of the fuse. Couldn't find in posts here either so I had to discover on my own. Let me save you the trouble.
1. Blown Fuse from faulty trailer connector.
2. Fuse Location - Under Drivers Seat
3. Three Red In Line Fuses 1-7.5amp 2-15amp

To get to them
1. Remove drivers seat - they are to short to pull out of the trap door on side of the fuse box. Four star shaped bolts, 7/16 socket will fit them.
2. Lean seat back to access fuses on the back side of seat base.
3. Check all three fuses, only one of mine was blown and it controlled the Brake/Blinker lights for rear of coach as well as the trailer connector.

Good Luck - Neither Thor nor Mercedes were helpful and actually had it in for repairs at both and neither would even look claiming it was the others responsibility.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
That location seems odd to me. My 2017 Thor Citation 24SS came with original MB manuals. One is the Fuse locations manual. There is one MB original fuse panel on the left of the driver's foot well right by the hood release lever. A small twist latch, removes the panel. The other easily accessed fuse panel is a small plastic door in the outside base of the driver's seat. I took the seat off once, looking for a blown fuse for the backup lights. They don't come on when you shift into reverse. Thor Tech Support suggested a relay under the driver's seat. I didn't want to wrestle with getting the seat put back a second time, so I took it to the MB dealer, yesterday. No answer from them, yet. They were swamped with Sprinters in for service.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #3

Model: Citation 24SS
State: Arkansas
THOR #16991
Good Luck.

If you don't get an answer from Mercedes (They wouldn't touch mine) - Shine a light in the hole under your seat toward the back, there should be three red thick gauge wires that have rubber fuse blocks in them, I think the 7.5amp is the backup lights for rear of coach. If you can reach them from that opening it would be great, I have fat hands and couldn't though.

Good Luck with it.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #4

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
Has been written up before. I Had the same fuse fail. (2016 Siesta Sprinter) It is Thor added wiring to LED taillights / ballast resistors. Fuse and relay are under driver's seat. One post indicated he replaced the fuse with self reset circuit breaker..
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 11:16 PM   #5

State: Arizona
THOR #30359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
Has been written up before. I Had the same fuse fail. (2016 Siesta Sprinter) It is Thor added wiring to LED taillights / ballast resistors. Fuse and relay are under driver's seat. One post indicated he replaced the fuse with self reset circuit breaker..

So glad this forum is here, FB groups are kinda useless, and both manuals did not help as they were geared towards the ford chassis, this literally fixed the issue. Reverse lights, rear side markers, upper rear markers, and tow lights were out. Only fuse panel that had labels was the one under the fridge. No mention of a 3rd fuse panel on the side of the drivers seat. There were two inline rubber 15A fuse blocks, in between the fuse box and drivers seat. Replaced the 15A fuse and everything is working !!!
Old 08-16-2023, 03:03 PM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #30535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones62 View Post
Had a blown fuse on my 2017 Citation, neither Thor nor Mercedes could point me to the simple location of the fuse. Couldn't find in posts here either so I had to discover on my own. Let me save you the trouble.
1. Blown Fuse from faulty trailer connector.
2. Fuse Location - Under Drivers Seat
3. Three Red In Line Fuses 1-7.5amp 2-15amp

To get to them
1. Remove drivers seat - they are to short to pull out of the trap door on side of the fuse box. Four star shaped bolts, 7/16 socket will fit them.
2. Lean seat back to access fuses on the back side of seat base.
3. Check all three fuses, only one of mine was blown and it controlled the Brake/Blinker lights for rear of coach as well as the trailer connector.

Good Luck - Neither Thor nor Mercedes were helpful and actually had it in for repairs at both and neither would even look claiming it was the others responsibility.
I recently had this same issue with my 2017 Citation 24ss. After looking in the manuals, calling several RV repair facilities, Mercedes, etc. I began removing every fuse. Once I removed, inspected, and replaced every fuse to no avail, I started to look deeper into where other wires may be located.

I finally found three wires, with fuses, under the driver's seat. They are difficult to get to, but, once you have them, there is enough play to pull them to the side of the seat. The first two were fine, however, when inspecting the last fuse, a 15-amp, I found that it was blown. I replaced it and the issue was resolved. If you need pictures, let me know and I can take some so you have a point of reference. You do not need to remove the entire seat and frame.

Tags
brake, citation, fuses