Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #698
Jensen radio JRV212T

It looks like the radio/camera croaked. Have power from both chassis and house batteries and the fuse is good. Tried reset button several times. The radio is on and can't be turned off, no screen and just static.

Talked to Jensen and they said you need a replacement. They recommended their JRV9000R as a replacement.

Any thoughts on this replacement or has anyone replaced it with another brand?

Thanks

Old 10-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Several threads here on replacements - with the 215 (now also discontinued). One with the newest replacement.

Mine was replaced in August with a new 212 under extended service plan.. No idea how they got a new 212... ASA told me they weren't available.
So far its working,

If under warranty or service plan, have them replace it..
If not, you may be able to buy some time by completely removing/disconnecting the radio.. Then reconnecting.
Once a short timeframe worked... Another time it was days.
Search 'Jensen blank screen' for ideas.

The unique feature of the 212/215/etc is the 3 camera inputs. Other units will need an additional device to manage the cameras.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #3

Model: Axis
State: Michigan
THOR #2614
Radio/cameras not working

I just had ford service on my 2015 Axis, the had to replace an injector wire. the service tech removed the center console, and not having the right tool[??] did not replace one of the upper screws and the other one is lose. but not the real issue. The radio is on all the time and the cameras do not work, similar to the original posting. it worked when I took it in, but they say its not their fault.
it was mentioned that a short term fix may be to disconnect and reconnect the unit. can anyone share details on what to look for in the wiring to disconnect this unit. Thanks for any comments.

Philco44
2015 Axis 24.1
Old 10-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Pull the radio out using the tools in the Thor bag (two wire loops that get inserted into holes on the front of the radio). Then simply unplug it for a while and re-plug it in.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #5

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I replaced my front unit with the Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. I could not be happier. The screen is brighter. It has Apple Carplay (and Android Auto). So I just plug in my iPhone and I can control it on the radio screen. The face is tilt-able to eliminate glare. The radio pulls in stations better and supports HD channels

The only issue is that there is only one camera input. So I used the cubby hole below the radio to put in micro-toggle switches.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #6

THOR #2614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Pull the radio out using the tools in the Thor bag (two wire loops that get inserted into holes on the front of the radio). Then simply unplug it for a while and re-plug it in.
Thanks JamieGeek, I did remove the radio, are you suggesting unplugging all of the connectors or just the main plug (black square multi pin) I started to pull on it but not sure how clip works, afraid that I would muscle it to much and break it. any suggestions.
Thanks
Phil Concialdi
Old 10-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #7

Model: ACE
THOR #698
Push the tab into the plug. I had to use a vise grip to get it out. It is in there pretty tight.

Yesterday I went to pick up the RV to take it to get the radio fixed. When I turned the coach batteries, the radio and the cameras came on. I disconnected everything several times and it still works perfectly.
I've read where to disconnect it from power for 24 hours, tried that before and it didn't work.
Just hope it keeps working.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #8
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Helen pns View Post
Yesterday I went to pick up the RV to take it to get the radio fixed. When I turned the coach batteries, the radio and the cameras came on. I disconnected everything several times and it still works perfectly.
I've read where to disconnect it from power for 24 hours, tried that before and it didn't work.
Just hope it keeps working.
That was the challenge for me - getting it to fail for the shop... Mine went out 3 times before I was able to get it replaced (extended service plan covered once they saw it fail...) Still have a 212 though - hoping mine keeps working as well. They clearly have an issue with interruption/application of power via the coach disconnect.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:48 PM   #9

THOR #2614
Followed everyone directions and guess what, it's working, at least for the time being.many thanks for all the suggestions, this is a great group of folks on this forum
Phil Concialdi