Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2018, 01:13 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #10697
That is a great solution if you don't have an awning support next to the door. The door can't be opened that far..... Still looking for the answer to holding the door open at about 90 degrees.......

Old 03-09-2022, 11:44 PM   #22

State: Alabama
THOR #26197
entry door strut failed

my entry door strut also come loose. I was finally able to tighten both ends, but then the strut failed and won't hold the door open. I need to find an exact replacement, since others I bought are too big in diameter and won't allow the door to fully close. Does anyone know where I can get this replacement? No luck on line to date.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:55 AM   #23

State: Ohio
THOR #4787
Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenjudy View Post
Hi, Vegas 25.2 The attachment for the gas strut door closer is very loose and feels like it's going to fail soon. I tried to remove the aluminum threshold molding that it's attached to. (removed only visible screws). it's stuck.... doesn't move in the slightest. tried screwdriver to pry it off but don't want to bend it. Need to access under this part to tighten or replace the attachment point for the strut..... anybody have any experience with this?"

[IMG]photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOyu-LP_pWulKYBPhbH34mgwfjZJWGI9KugAdIZ[/IMG]
I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer as to how to remove the aluminum threshold so you could get at the ball stud?