Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2023, 05:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #15327
12 Volt power

The dash power sockets (cigarette lighter) have quit working and I think I've got it pinned down to a fuse but I can't find it.

The fuse panel diagram indicates it is in position 72 in the main fuse box under the hood but there is nothing in that slot in fact there are only two high amp fuses in that section of the panel and both are 30A not 20A. I couldn't find anything in the secondary panel even remotely associated with 12V power.

Would anyone in the forum happen to know where the fuse is located on a 2015 Vegas/Axis.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-29-2023, 10:03 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasrig View Post
The dash power sockets (cigarette lighter) have quit working and I think I've got it pinned down to a fuse but I can't find it.

The fuse panel diagram indicates it is in position 72 in the main fuse box under the hood but there is nothing in that slot in fact there are only two high amp fuses in that section of the panel and both are 30A not 20A. I couldn't find anything in the secondary panel even remotely associated with 12V power.

Would anyone in the forum happen to know where the fuse is located on a 2015 Vegas/Axis.

Sorry, I’ve never had that problem. My lighter plugs are hot with the ignition off. That would leave me to believe that maybe it’s a house fuse issue. Have you checked those fuses by your electrical panel
Old 04-30-2023, 01:04 AM   #3

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:

I was just in the exact same situation as you. Unfortunately, I have a different chassis so I can't tell you which fuse. It is unfortunate that the fuse location identified in the main panel is apparently not used. When I had my problem, I assUmed the offending fuse would be in the Thor fuse panel located in the driver's foot well. I went through every fuse on that panel, but none were burned. So, I would Start by checking every fuse in the main panel. In my 2018 F53 chassis the Cigar lighter fuse in the main panel is connected to the dashboard power ports. The fuse was burned but it was nearly impossible to visually see the broken link I had to use a multi-meter to identify the burned-out fuse. If only Ford / Thor would choose consistency.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 02:46 PM   #4

THOR #15327
I'm with you I wish they would get on the same page. When you say the main panel are you referring to the Ford panel, mine is located in the engine compartment, or the Thor panel at the power distribution panel?

If it is the Ford panel, do you remember how the it was listed or the slot number? Was it a standard 20A mini fuse or the square high amp (A1S) fuse?

Sounds like we may have a similar system. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-30-2023, 09:52 PM   #5

THOR #28145
Quote:
I'm with you I wish they would get on the same page. When you say the main panel are you referring to the Ford panel, mine is located in the engine compartment, or the Thor panel at the power distribution panel?

If it is the Ford panel, do you remember how the it was listed or the slot number? Was it a standard 20A mini fuse or the square high amp (A1S) fuse?

Sounds like we may have a similar system. Thanks for the reply.
On the 2018 F53 chassis.
Documented in the Ford F53 owner's manual.
Located in the Chassis Fuse Panel in the engine bay.
It was labeled as Cigar Lighter Feed. Diagnostic tool connector.
Fuse # 22 a 30amp Maxi Fuse.

I found a 2015 E350 owner's manual on the Ford website.
In that manual there is a fuse in position # 72 labeled Cigar lighter / Power point. However, I believe you said that fuse position is empty on your rig.

I would check all the higher amp fuses in the engine compartment fuse panel.

Old 04-30-2023, 10:09 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
Experiencing same problem on 2021 Four Winds 31w.

Have somewhat determined that fuse 12 under the hood panel may be it as it has failed/burned out.

I narrowed it down to the power point fuses per manual.

It's a square 20 amp fuse, which I need to purchase tomorrow.

Not sure yet if this is the solution but will let you know when I install new fuse.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:41 PM   #7

THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEasTexas View Post
Experiencing same problem on 2021 Four Winds 31w.

Have somewhat determined that fuse 12 under the hood panel may be it as it has failed/burned out.

I narrowed it down to the power point fuses per manual.

It's a square 20 amp fuse, which I need to purchase tomorrow.

Not sure yet if this is the solution but will let you know when I install new fuse.
Yours is a 2021 E450 chassis.
Chinasrig is a 2015 E350 chassis.
Mine is a 2018 F53 chassis.

Kind of like comparing apples to oranges to banana's. However, looking at the 2021 E450 FORD owner's manual fuse #12 is listed as a power point making is a very good candidate for the correct fuse.

Old 05-01-2023, 02:37 PM   #8

THOR #15327
I think I've come to the conclusion that there is no correct answer. The diagram shows slot 72 as a 20A Maxi labeled Cigar Lighter/Power Point. It also shows Power Points 1,2 & 3 as 20 A maxi's in slots 65-67. There are no fuses in any of the slots, in fact there are only two fuses in the entire row slots 63 & 70 both 30A.

I guess I'll just start with the maxi fuses in the engine compartment pulling and testing. If/when I find it, I'll update the thread.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:39 PM   #9

THOR #22781
Ford could have made it easier!
Old 05-01-2023, 02:53 PM   #10

THOR #28145
Quote:
I think I've come to the conclusion that there is no correct answer. The diagram shows slot 72 as a 20A Maxi labeled Cigar Lighter/Power Point. It also shows Power Points 1,2 & 3 as 20 A maxi's in slots 65-67. There are no fuses in any of the slots, in fact there are only two fuses in the entire row slots 63 & 70 both 30A.

I guess I'll just start with the maxi fuses in the engine compartment pulling and testing. If/when I find it, I'll update the thread.

Thanks for all the help.
If you have a Multi-meter with a continuity tester function, mine has an audio output. You can check the fuses without pulling them. All the blade type automotive fuses have the top end of each blade exposed in a little recess you only need to touch one prob to each if you hear the sounder the fuse is good. If you have a 12v test light attach one end to ground and then use the probe to touch each side of each fuse. The light should light on both sides. If you find a fuse that only lights on one side that fuse is burned.

Old 05-01-2023, 04:57 PM   #11

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #3723
Quote:

This is the fuse. Located in the engine compartment/drivers side.

625 amp/hrs AGM's, 600 watts solar, Xantrex 2000 Inverter, Xantrex ProWatt Transfer w/remote switch
Bogart Engineering Controller, Surge Guard w/remote
Don_Atchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 06:04 PM   #12

THOR #22781
Replaced power point fuse #12 with 20 amp, under hood fuse panel. Fixed my cigarette/alternative plug.

2021 E450
Old 05-01-2023, 07:34 PM   #13

THOR #15327
Success, it was slot 70 a 30A maxi labeled stripped chassis on the diagram. So much for logic.

According to Ford this is the same fuse box that is used in all E series from 2015-2020.

Thanks again.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:19 PM   #14

THOR #22781
Congratulations!
Old 05-10-2023, 12:32 AM   #15

Model: Hurrican 34J
THOR #4107
Glad to hear you were able to solve your power issue!

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

I had a similar issue with my Hurricane years ago and after spending half a day with Thor Support on the line and getting wiring diagrams for my unit (which were not accurate ) Thor Support gave me instructions on how to splice the cable and we used an empty fuse location to rewire the cigarette lighter.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:45 AM   #16

THOR #22781
Nice
Old 05-15-2023, 09:18 PM   #17

Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
Windshield screen inop too

Hi all,
We went out this last weekend and found all the usb charge points dead and the roll down windshield screen wouldn't work. I'm wondering if they are all related and on the same fuse. 2018 Windsport F53 chassis.