Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4583
vegas 24.1 bathroom door

Has anyone had issues with the bathroom entry door on their 2016 Vegas? This past weekend we noticed the door hitting the fridge when opening and it will not close unless you open both doors. I cant see anything visually wrong with it.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:42 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #2123
It does that if out of level I have found.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Are you talking about the front door of the two door setup or the older "accordion door" setup?

We have an older unit where the two doors are connected by piano hinges and held in place by a pin mechanism. In our case the pin has stopped holding the doors shut when on the road and I've had to add something else to keep it shut while on the road (some really strong magnets in my case).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #4

THOR #4583
the bathroom door on ours is not accordion its 2 doors that open to create the dressing area the one on the left opens towards the fridge and rubs against it. They also wont close unless you open the other door as well. Its a 2016 vegas different than the older models
Old 10-06-2016, 02:37 AM   #5

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefrost2000 View Post
Has anyone had issues with the bathroom entry door on their 2016 Vegas? This past weekend we noticed the door hitting the fridge when opening and it will not close unless you open both doors. I cant see anything visually wrong with it.
My door will hit the refrigerator door if the refrigerator doors are in the "locked open" mode so you don't get mold inside when it is turned off.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:21 AM   #6
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
one of 2 things ... your Vegas is not level ... or your refrigerator door is not closed completely....
If your refrigerator is on...then, it would be reasonable that you are not level.
We have never had a problem with our bathroom doors.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #7

THOR #4583
door is closed it is going into Camping world on Saturday. wish us luck
Old 06-19-2017, 02:52 AM   #8

Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
Sorry for the question from a long ago string. What is the locked open position and what fridge do you have. I have a new to me Thor Freedom Elite 23H with a Norcold Fridge and Freezer and I am fighting a mold issue because I can't figure out how to lock both open when the power is off and the RV is not in use. I had a smaller norcold in an older winnebago rialta and it was easy just place a U shaped piece of wire in the locking pin station. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have bleached and dried everything twice but realize the real solution is an open fridge and freezer doors.

Rocky
Old 06-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky49 View Post
Sorry for the question from a long ago string. What is the locked open position and what fridge do you have. I have a new to me Thor Freedom Elite 23H with a Norcold Fridge and Freezer and I am fighting a mold issue because I can't figure out how to lock both open when the power is off and the RV is not in use. I had a smaller norcold in an older winnebago rialta and it was easy just place a U shaped piece of wire in the locking pin station. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have bleached and dried everything twice but realize the real solution is an open fridge and freezer doors.

Rocky
On the fridge in the Axis/Vegas units there are tabs you can feel on the inside of the handle that push a small piece of plastic out. These two small pieces prevent the doors from fully closing. You have to close the doors gently against them because they slide right back in pretty easily (at least they do on mine) and thus allow the doors to close.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
My "front" bathroom door would jam against the fridge when opened completely.
This would happen with the rv completely level.
I removed part of the fridge frame plastic trim shaved the back side and put it back on. That allowed the trim to sit a bit more flush and allowed the bathroom door to fully open.