Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 01:00 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
The 9mm and the .380 acp use the EXACT same size diameter projectiles. Due to the larger capacity of the brass: the 9mm rounds are loaded with heavier (and longer bullets.
Thank you, Bob. Try as I might, I havent been able to find measurements for .380 vs. 9 mil. If we weren't in the middle of a move, I would be able to measure them myself, but all reloading supplies are already packed and moved to Tennessee. I assumed there was a length difference, but had no idea what it might be. On a side note, the hubby is siding with .380 being the culprit.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:29 AM   #42

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
9mm and 380 ammo are the same diameter. 9mm parabellum, Nato or "luger" ammo is 9x19mm while .380 ACP ammo is 9x17mm and was originally referred to as 9mm kurz (9mm short) also 9mm Corto, and Browning.
Dissenting opinions aside, Bersa has a reputation for quality equipment in various calibers and all come with a lifetime warranty.
Remington 380 ACP in green and white box are round nose target ammo.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:11 AM   #43

State: Washington
THOR #10744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddS View Post
I bought a “new” 2017 Thor Axis out of state and drove it home. Walk through went great and the company seemed nice. When I woke up the next day I saw a wire hanging down from underneath the chassis. I assumed a zip tie severed the wire in the 13 hour drive. I took it to a local Thor authorized “local dealer” and they began working on the warranty issue. Since it had been siting for some time I asked that they change the oil and do a 45 point inspection which I was paying for. During that inspection they found several cracks on the roof which to them seemed to have been repaired but said they recommend I replace the roof at a cost of $6,000. My question is this… Didn’t the company that sold me the RUV have an obligation to tell me about the roof, legally? I did the walk around but everything was so nice I didn’t see a need to get on the roof and they didn’t ask if I wanted to. Second, should I fight for them to replace the roof since it is new? I have been told by some friends that putting a new roof on could cause even worse problems. I really need some advice. Thanks
We brought our 2015 Thor Vegas brand new. Has a so called sealant put on the coach a year later a person cleaning out coach found a crack and leakage around the lights on top. Was able to force company who applied sealant to pay for the cost of fixing the crack and resealing the lights. Good luck had to fight Camping world for other issues.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:49 AM   #44

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Sam54...ditto on the Bersa...bought one a few years ago and liked it so much I bought 3 more for kids and wife. It's one of the best, full metal handguns available. Never had a single FTF or FTE.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:30 PM   #45

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
9mm and 380 ammo are the same diameter. 9mm parabellum, Nato or "luger" ammo is 9x19mm while .380 ACP ammo is 9x17mm and was originally referred to as 9mm kurz (9mm short) also 9mm Corto, and Browning.
Exactly what I was looking for. 2mm difference. Thanks, Hooligan!
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:57 PM   #46

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
The roof on these new units have a 12 year warranty as I recall. If you bought new, then you should get a new roof. But it seems they may try to blame you somehow. Was there any other damage to the air conditioners etc? Was the damage in the very front where no other item could have been damaged or in the middle etc? Hang in there, you likely will have to return to the selling dealer.

I had the drivers window explode on mine and Thor would not warranty it. They seemed to think a passing car did it, but there was no passing car when it happened. If it isn't obviously due to a defect, they don't want to fix it.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:08 PM   #47

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
I've found that when dealing DIRECT with Thor (Indiana) customer service and technicians, they bend over backwards to make the customer happy. I know it will take a lot of time and be inconvenient, but taking your coach to Indiana for work needed will net you very good results. I'm rather soured on dealerships, but have had WONDERFUL treatment at Thor!.
Me too.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:14 PM   #48
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I wonder how Todd is making out with this issue?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:20 PM   #49

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddS View Post
I would agree a 45. No fragmentation so it went up then straight down without hitting anything except the RV. Think what it would've done had it hit someone's head or shoulder.... nothing good.
No wind, angle or miscellaneous variables like terminal velocity on a falling object? I'd say it happened when you drove over a bridge and some idiot shot your RV. How about angle of trajectory? Ducky would know all this.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #50
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
No wind, angle or miscellaneous variables like terminal velocity on a falling object? I'd say it happened when you drove over a bridge and some idiot shot your RV. How about angle of trajectory? Ducky would know all this.
Except that they didn't: Put away RV for the winter: no hole in roof, inside panel is perfect (brand new RV never been camped in). Picked it up in the spring: Hole in roof, inside panel has the hole. RV didn't move for 6 months.

No bridges or tall structures near it where someone could shoot down at it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:16 AM   #51
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
This problem is not as rare as may think. In out area some folks go out the fourth and New Years and shoot their guns into the air, Now those bullets have to come down some where . After New Years one year I went into the dealership I worked at, and found bullet holes in several roofs.
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:22 AM   #52

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
A year or two ago, here in a nice suburb of Richmond VA a little boy died after being hit in the head by a celebratory round on the evening of 4th of July. Makes you think...