Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2019, 12:55 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #13551
2019 Miramar 37.1 Slide problems

My slides are opening and closing by themselves. Its been to CW for this problem. I was told that the electronic rodent devices that I put inside of the coach were causing the problem. They unplugged them and told me that it was fixed. Several days ago the bedroom slide closed itself and today the bunkroom slide opened it self.. Has anyone had a problem like this??

Old 06-01-2019, 01:58 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Yes, I have seen others complain of "ghost" slides.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:20 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Genuinely troubling. And more than a little bit weird. Please be sure to let us all know when/if/how you get this under control. Clearly it’s not a common issue but it’s quite troubling indeed.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:39 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I re-read your posting about being told to remove the rodent traps as they may be interfering with the slide issues. So I guess this means RF interference perhaps? You either have Rapidcamp or the Firefly multiplex system on your coach probably Firefly). I read that the Rapid camp may have had issues and it may have been the reason Thor went with the Firefly system in newer coaches. If your 2019 has the Firefly control for slides maybe their tech support folks can help you troubleshoot their system or at least advise you what other wireless systems may cause interference.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...camp-7544.html
Old 06-02-2019, 02:13 AM   #5

THOR #13551
Javelin Thanks for the info. It is the Firefly system in my coach. I did go into the settings and found a phone number to call this week. I also have a ring flood light camera that's wireless about 25 feet from the coach that I am wondering if that could cause problems.
Thanks
Old 06-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #6

Model: Aria 3901
State: Texas
THOR #15708
Slides opening and closing on their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by pact40 View Post
My slides are opening and closing by themselves. Its been to CW for this problem. I was told that the electronic rodent devices that I put inside of the coach were causing the problem. They unplugged them and told me that it was fixed. Several days ago the bedroom slide closed itself and today the bunkroom slide opened it self.. Has anyone had a problem like this??
I bought a 35.2 Miramar 3/25/19 and am having the same problem. Four times the slides have gone out when we were not in the coach. Two times they started to retract while we were in the coach. Both of these situations could cause extensive damage to the interior or exterior of the coach and we are very concerned.

I received no help from CW and very little from Thor. But, I called Firefly the supplier for the wireless system and they have been very helpful.

To date they have sent me a new control board, new control panel and wireless controller, this did not fix the problem. Today, they are sending me a new control panel and a software download that should fix the problem.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:14 AM   #7

THOR #13551
2019 Miramar 37.1 slide issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcricks View Post
I bought a 35.2 Miramar 3/25/19 and am having the same problem. Four times the slides have gone out when we were not in the coach. Two times they started to retract while we were in the coach. Both of these situations could cause extensive damage to the interior or exterior of the coach and we are very concerned.

I received no help from CW and very little from Thor. But, I called Firefly the supplier for the wireless system and they have been very helpful.

To date they have sent me a new control board, new control panel and wireless controller, this did not fix the problem. Today, they are sending me a new control panel and a software download that should fix the problem.
wcricks It has been VERY FRUSTRATING with all the problems. This morning when I went out to get something in the coach. The furnace was on and the temperature was 95 degrees inside, the ceiling fans were on, all the lights were on and the gen-set was flashing an error code. All this and the slides have a mind of their own. Everything was off the night before! CW was useless and I don't know how they are in business. Thor has been trying to resolve the problems but I have missed three trips so far and I have a three week trip coming up soon. Are you switching the parts out yourself or is a dealer doing the repair. Please let me know if the new parts resolve your problems. Thanks
Old 06-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #8

THOR #15708

I had the same situation happen yesterday. I store my rv in a warehouse at my office and when I got to work yesterday am I found the A/C running, heat on, lights in coach on and awining light on.

So far I have installed a new Firefly control board and new control panel, neither worked.

The only help you are going to get on this is to call Firefly direct. They are aware of the issues and seem to be working hard to fix the problem. You can reach Firefly at 574 825 4600 ask for Nick or Corey. Over the weekend I got a call from the owner of Firefly wanting more information. Unfortunately, Thor and CW aren't in a position to fix this problem so don't be too hard on them.

They are sending me a new control panel and software to revert the control board software back to an earlier version that did not cause any problems.
I hope this fixes the problem, they seem to think so.

You can call me if you want to discuss this at 903-372-9082.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:56 PM   #9

State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Can any of you that are having the problem tell me what version of software you have? We have a '19 37.1 that we bought July of last year. I want to check mine against yours to see if I might see this in the future. I hope each of you get things resolved.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:31 AM   #10

THOR #13551
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcricks View Post
I had the same situation happen yesterday. I store my rv in a warehouse at my office and when I got to work yesterday am I found the A/C running, heat on, lights in coach on and awining light on.

So far I have installed a new Firefly control board and new control panel, neither worked.

The only help you are going to get on this is to call Firefly direct. They are aware of the issues and seem to be working hard to fix the problem. You can reach Firefly at 574 825 4600 ask for Nick or Corey. Over the weekend I got a call from the owner of Firefly wanting more information. Unfortunately, Thor and CW aren't in a position to fix this problem so don't be too hard on them.

They are sending me a new control panel and software to revert the control board software back to an earlier version that did not cause any problems.
I hope this fixes the problem, they seem to think so.

You can call me if you want to discuss this at 903-372-9082.
Thor is sending me the older control panel with the old software also. Hopefully that resolves the problems. The software I think I have is GUI Version 5.7 and Logic controller Version 5.7
Old 06-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #11

THOR #15708

My software is the same version. They are going to revert back to an older version that did not cause problems.

We should compare the manufacture dates on the coach to see if the problems could be related to a time period.

I will post the date, I believe it was built in 11/18.

This is a real safety concern. It's not like a leaking shower (had that by the way). The a/c and heat coming on inside my building caused water damage because of condensation. Thank goodness, I had room in my warehouse for the slides to be open, many storage buildings only have room for the rv with the slides closed. Also, we were in the coach when the slides started to retract and able to stop.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #12

THOR #13551
I am not sure where the manufacture date is, but its probably in the same time frame. I purchased the coach at the Hershey PA show in September of 2018 and the coach was not built yet. Will look at the paperwork.
When I got up this morning the circuit for the coach ( its just a 20a circuit to run lights) was tripped again. Nothing was running in the coach like the last time. I guess I am going to unplug and shut off the main switch when I am not working inside of it.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:39 AM   #13

State: Vermont
THOR #15182
Hello Thor Community,

Javelin helpfully pointed me at this thread today. For reference, here is a post I made earlier today that relates to this subject: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...-g7-17917.html

My wife and I purchased a 2019 Thor Outlaw 37RB back in April of this year. Within the first week we had the coach, strange things started to happen. We would come home to find the slides in the opposite state that we left them in, all of the interior and exterior lights on, the furnace running and/or the awnings out. After the first occurrence, I wrote it off as a glitch. Now several months in, we have seen this behavior numerous times. This has even happened a few times while we were sitting in the coach.

When this occurs, I can look at the inbuilt control screen or my iPhone App and see that all of the control buttons appear to be simultaneously activated. To recover I have to go through each page of the panel or all and touch each item to refresh it's status and then bring the coach back to the desired state.

When Javelin pointed me at this thread, I was relieved to find out that I'm not alone in this. Thanks Javelin!

Being a veteran of the home automation trade, I am no stranger to events like this. Insteon suffers from a similar malody in certain conditions and I believe this situation is very similar.

My theory is that this is caused by overlapping transmissions from the "Multiplex" wireless button pads. If you sit and look at your button pads, you will notice that every so often the green LEDs will blink. This is the button pad transmitting it's heartbeat and status to the G7 control panel. If two or more of the button pad transmissions overlap, the G7 receives a corrupted message. I believe this is what causes the random events to occur.

Years ago, network engineers developed a protocol called CSMA/CD or "Carrier sense, Multiple access with Collision Section" to combat corrupted network transmissions from multiple nodes transmitting at the same time. This requires each device to be capable of both transmitting and receiving. In our case, I believe the button pads are only capable of transmit making such a protocol impossible.

In the case of the G7, the firmware needs to be modified to reject any command affecting more than item per transmission. Not knowing the underlying codebase, this is easy to say, possibly not so easy to implement.

If you would like to test my theory in your coach, here is how:
Figure the mean time between unexpected events. For me this is roughly one event every 10-15 days. Remove the batteries from all but one (your most important) button pad. Wait long enough beyond the mean time to feel confident that things are working properly. Replace the batteries in the remainder of the button pads and you should begin to see these unexpected events again. I highly suspect that the greater the number of wireless button pads in your coach, the more frequent these unexpected events will occur. For reference, in our Outlaw, we have 7 pads and the Touch panel which is wired back to the G7,

I am eager to hear if any of the firmware changes that the folks in this thread have tried have helped at all.

I look forward to working with this community to find a resolution to this very serious and dangerous situation.

-Xathros
2019 Thor Outlaw 37RB
Into Our Next Chapter – Our adventures are just beginning.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #14

THOR #12333
Thanks for the reply on what version. We have version 4.8 so definitely an earlier one. We have not experienced any of the concerns expressed here (fingers crossed). I hope they get you figured out.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #15

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
WOW...is this problem limited to just the Miramar models or a specific Firefly System? My 35SF is a 2018 with the Firefly System. Never had any issues so far. Are there different models of the Firefly System? All "pads" have 2032 batteries. There are 6 pads plus the main control board near the bedroom. Is it possible my system is a different system than the one you guys are having issues with? What a scary situation!!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #16

THOR #12333
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
WOW...is this problem limited to just the Miramar models or a specific Firefly System? My 35SF is a 2018 with the Firefly System. Never had any issues so far. Are there different models of the Fireflyg System? All "pads" have 2032 batteries. There are 6 pads plus the main control board near the bedroom. Is it possible my system is a different system than the one you guys are having issues with? What a scary situation!!!
You, like us, have an older version of software. It seems to be the newest version with the issues. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Old 06-28-2019, 02:19 AM   #17

THOR #13551
Got a call from Thor today and they are advising owners with the 5.7 version to remove the green 30 A fuse from the fuse panel after setting up at a campground or when the coach is not in use to prevent the slides from operating by themselves. This is a temporary fix and they are working on a permanent fix. There will probably be a recall on these coaches when the problem is resolved.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:51 PM   #18

THOR #15708
I also got a message to call Thor, will do so today. Removing the 30amp fuse will stop the slide from opening but it will not keep the A/C, furnace and lights from coming on its own.

The best potential fix is to revert back to an older version of the software. I received an older controller and software update from Firefly and plan to install it today.

Will keep everyone posted. Thor needs to let owners know about this fix instead of requesting fuse removal.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:03 PM   #19

THOR #12333
Yep, we received a call from Thor also. There is a recall coming out next week so they told me. I told him I have the older version (4.8) but he didn't seem to know too much. We will see.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #20

State: Vermont
THOR #15182
Same here - got my call last night. They recommend pulling the 30A fuse while using the coach to prevent the slides operating unexpectedly. Then put it back when closed up to maintain the motor brake.

Looking forward to getting this fixed!

-Xathros
https://www.intoournextchapter.com
Ask me about off grid solar and how I implement in our coach.
Xathros is offline   Reply With Quote