Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis 25.2
State: Virginia
THOR #5208
Unhappy Broken side window replacement Thor AXIS

Hi, The crank out bedroom window (non fire escape) on my Thor Axis is broken into a million pieces from a rock I think. It looks like its just held in by some glue strips, has anyone ever tried to replace one of these themselves? Its just the one window, not the entire unit but the dealership can only replace the entire unit.

Unfortunately, we need to travel in about 2 weeks to assist our daughter who is recovering after a back operation and can't let them keep the unit for any length of time so I am hoping someone one been able to get the one piece from the glass supplier and successfully replace it?

Old 07-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
If it's just a flat piece, go to a local glass shop and have them cut you one. I broke the drivers side front sliding glass on my Vegas. Thor wanted like $1600 for the entire assembly. That and it would have probably taken a month to get. I'd go to the supplier before I'd get one through Thor.

Instead I went to a glass shop and had them cut one for $120. Same thickness, same temper/safety rating, same radius at the bottom corner. It took them a week but I told them I wasn't in a hurry. If it's a good glass shop and they know you need it quickly, it's something that should be able to be done in a day or two.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #3

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
The driver's window on our 2016 Ace 29.3 suddenly shattered while driving down the road. I thought Thor would replace it since it was still under warranty. Wrong! The manufacturer of the glass said no.

It took almost two month because of the delay to get a replacement from Thor. Although our insurance covered all but $50, the cost to the insurance company was more than $1K.

It it ever happens again I will go to a glass shop.

Tags
axis, bedroom, window