Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2018, 02:56 AM   #1
KHV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10602
Dead Batt leads to no power to a/c, wipers, overheasd bed etc

I really tried to find a thread with this but could not. It must have happened to someone. My chassis (engine) batt went dead after sitting 2 weeks in storage. I had to jump and charge. Now no power to a/c, wipers, bed lift, mirrors, fog lights etc. It there some reset to do? I have a 1=2017 Thor axis 24.

Kevin

Old 01-29-2018, 03:07 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
You may have tripped the 50 amp breaker in the battery box. In my 2016 Axis 24.1, it is the left hand back corner of the battery box when you pull up the step. It has a red or yellow “flag” that you can see when it is tripped. Push the flag back in and you should have power. There is another breaker in the engine compartment- left hand side looking into the engine from the front - but that protects the chassis battery.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:10 AM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHV View Post
I really tried to find a thread with this but could not. It must have happened to someone. My chassis (engine) batt went dead after sitting 2 weeks in storage. I had to jump and charge. Now no power to a/c, wipers, bed lift, mirrors, fog lights etc. It there some reset to do? I have a 1=2017 Thor axis 24.

Kevin
Have not experienced exact issue. Drag out the Ford chassis & Thor manuals and start checking fuses that pertain to areas of no power. 4 areas of fuses that I know of: Chassis hood driver side, Chassis under driver dash/steering wheel, House outside storage left of LP, and inside house near floor below fridge. Good Luck.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:19 AM   #4

THOR #1765
In your large 12v power distribution box in the outside compartment under the driver’s side there is also a 50 amp breaker to check. It is unlikey that you blew all those fuses at once. More likely that it is a breaker. I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to start my Vegas using the eme4gency start switch. It somehow tripped that breaker in the battery box and I had no 12v power to the coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D2A76F76-B9A0-42C7-88CC-7BB56461922B.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	8786  
Old 01-29-2018, 03:35 AM   #5
KHV

THOR #10602
Sooooo, jazzed to get responses so quickly. I will check this out tomorrow!!!
kv
Old 01-29-2018, 04:53 AM   #6

State: Missouri
THOR #10598
no power

The reset is in a electronic control box. Remove cover and reset breaker. It is a tiny button the size of a match head. Press. hope this helps..........
Old 01-29-2018, 05:33 AM   #7
KHV

THOR #10602
Hmmm

Not find reset button and fuses seem ok. Might be time to try and find rV repair place.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	579FCA0B-AF45-48FF-9E4C-32625DE5D0BA.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	8787   Click image for larger version

Name:	E19A04C4-A530-4DC7-A016-9C6A89D4B50C.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	8788  

Old 01-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #8

Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #8306
Quote:
Hmmm

Not find reset button and fuses seem ok. Might be time to try and find rV repair place.
Those photos are not the place to find the reset breaker. It is supposed to be in an outside storage compartment area on driver side.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:46 PM   #9

THOR #1765
Quote:
Hmmm

If not the reset button in the outside storage box below the driver’s side window, check the battery box under your stairs first. In might save you several hundred dollars.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:40 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
In your large 12v power distribution box in the outside compartment under the driver’s side there is also a 50 amp breaker to check. It is unlikey that you blew all those fuses at once. More likely that it is a breaker. I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to start my Vegas using the eme4gency start switch. It somehow tripped that breaker in the battery box and I had no 12v power to the coach.
Anytime someone has those combined problems, i show the picture of the distribution box you are referring to. My issue was the rear white ground wire on the green cap, was not inserted in properly, causing everything in that box to fail. Just something else to consider. Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Axis electrical.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	8791  
Old 01-31-2018, 04:38 AM   #11

State: Oregon
THOR #10590
I had lost 12 volt power due to a tripped breaker in BCC (Battery Control Center) which was in the engine compartment.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:52 PM   #12

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandit View Post
I had lost 12 volt power due to a tripped breaker in BCC (Battery Control Center) which was in the engine compartment.
Yes. Thor uses both the BCC or the BIRD/Trombetta setup in the Axis/Vegas. Both serve the same function - to distribute electricity from the engine alternator or generator/shore power to the batteries and separate the banks when necessary. The BIRD/Trombetta does not have an internal breaker. It apparently relies on the 50 amp breakers in the engine compartment and house battery box. I did not know that the BCC does.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:01 AM   #13

THOR #8245
Quote:

Kevin
Had same problem, but it took two days. Took it Giant RV was told it battery that come from the factory are cheap. Bought a new from them, their took a week before it dead. Call AAA for jump and took it back, RV still in shop. We got New April 2017. I will not buy another Thor, it's been nothing but a problem .