Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation Sprinter 24SR
State: Oregon
THOR #972
Citation Sprinter Fresh Water Drain

Hello All,

I've purchased a new (2015) Thor Citation Sprinter 24SR (read slide out floor plan) and am preparing for her first trip (after the 2k mile drive from Alvarado, TX).

I'd like to drain and refill the fresh water tank but the generic owner manual provided doesn't say where the drain valve is located.

I've already removed the cover in the storage area below the rear slide out, crawled around under where I think the fresh water tank is, stared at the fresh water/grey black water drain compartment and can find nothing that resembles a master drain valve.

Any help is much appreciated!

Ed

Old 07-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Mississippi
THOR #827
Couldn't find the drain valve on my 2014 Thor ACE 29.2 either. By reading these forums I found my fresh water drain is the outside shower. When I need to drain the tank I open the shower valves, lay the head on the ground and turn on the water pump. Takes a while but I guess that's what you gotta do.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #3

THOR #972
Thanks! I've been crawling around and under for hours looking for something like my Winnebago View has. I really appreciate your quick reply.

Ed
TCS24SR
Oregon
Old 10-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #4

State: Oklahoma
THOR #1092
The drain valve for the freshwater tank is under the bedroom bed. Put the back slide out and open the door under the mattress that says "not a storage area". The water will drain from the bottom of the fresh water tank when you open the water valve. Trial and error time because it is not labeled and I don't remember exactly which one it is. It is there though and it drains slowly. Turn counterclockwise and go outside and look under the coach.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #5

THOR #972
Many thanks. Just in time for winterization too. Until your post I was using a small rubber pipe outlet that comes out by the water pump switch in the outside water/sewer compartment. Uncapping it and running the water pump results in a fairly robust stream of water but I was never sure if I was emptying the tank completely.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #6

State: Oklahoma
THOR #1092
You are very welcome. Thor documents are not very good. I have spent a lot of time just exploring systems. Hope you are enjoying coach. S
Old 05-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #7

State: New Mexico
THOR #1910
The Thor 24SA has a drain valve under the bed in the storage area. Remove the four screws on the cover plate. Drain is oblivious.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:45 AM   #8

State: Washington
THOR #16736
I am a 'newbie' to the RV world and also have a 2015 sprinter 24SR. I am not sure what all the connections in the water/sewer bay are. There is an orange female connector which I have been told is the fill connector, plus a white female connector (brass) and a blue plastic pipe teed together with a switch above it. What do these do?