Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #630
Dinette slide only goes half way out 2011 37KT

Our slide goes out about half way. We are able to retract it. We cannot find any specs for the location of the control panel, the motor, or assistance on how to troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you
Sheila Reeves

Old 02-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
What slide mechanism is on your unit? I sure it is a lippert made. You can Google lippert and the type of slide that is on your unit. They have a lot of info plus videos that more than likely would help you.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:31 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Can't help you but wanted to welcome you to the website.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #4

Model: 2012 Daybreak 28PD
State: California
THOR #556
If you have a Schwintec In-wall Slideout system there's a good possibility you have defective or under powered motors. I'm on my third set of motors. I had to upgrade to their highest torque motors and so far so good. Even though I was past my warranty period, Thor covered the cost of the replacement motors. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #5

State: Maryland
THOR #359
slide out & Multiple problems.

We had both motors replaced last May and as of March, the slide out broke again. Now we don't have dash A/C, and we have an electrical draw somewhere that makes the engine battery and coach battery go dead within 48 hours. We had Thor experts out and they say nothing is wrong with it!! BS! We go to mediation next week. We have had batteries replaced, 5 thermostats for the A/C replaced, 3 side cameras, 2 radios. We had the wipers replaced at the dealership and now the hoses dry rotted and we have no winshield washer jets.
After the first replacement of the motors for the slide out, Now the main slide leaks like crazy, had the seal replaced, still leaks. We have multiple air leaks from the firewall, drove From MD to FL and we were freezing even with the heat on. Its constant with this unit.
We got the build sheets and all the problems that we are having are the same problems that are on the build sheets. They let the unit go with all those problems and we have them now.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #815
I am having a lot of problems with our coach and would like to find out how you make out. Our major problem is steering issues. Cant keep it on the run when passed by semi. Please post your results as we are about to start our processs with THOR as well.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #7

Model: 2012 Daybreak 28PD
State: California
THOR #556
I too, had a huge air leak from around the firewall. I discovered a gap along the entire top of the firewall. I sealed it with a can of expanding polyurethane foam. This keeps our the air and mice and other vermin. Good luck with mediation. Let us know how it turns out.