Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2018, 05:36 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Those low paying jobs are being filled by people protected by the sanctuary city/state laws especially in your area.

I really want out of Ca.
[emoji3]
You already have a motorhome: what's keeping you there?

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:03 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
We spent five years living in CA (2010-2015) for a job. There were some great aspects to it - SLO County is beautiful, we met many wonderful folks... okay, that was about it. Too many negatives to list. We were very happy to retire and move back to AZ.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:23 PM   #23

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
It is bigger then Thor. I know some folks that have a new(almost) high end class A, that has so many problems, no dealer would even consider working on it. This meant a long, almost 2000 mile drive, to the factory, to have it repaired. As far as CW, if it were me, I would document everything, take lots of pictures, arrange a meeting with the general and service manager, and bluntly ask, is this your idea of how to treat customers. IMO they should fast track your unit, and fix every problem, and completely clean and detail both the inside and the outside for you. No satisfaction there, your next contact is Thor, if they are not interested, I guess you have to pursue legal remedies.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #24

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
You already have a motorhome: what's keeping you there?
Mainly wife wont leave her parents. Once they are gone, hopefully many years from now, we will consider it

Ca location is the best in the country. Im 30 minutes from Huntinton Beach, hour from the mountains and desert great year round weather. But we have Gov Brown, and his nutting partners in congress destroying the state and trying to destroy the country. High taxes, traffic, illegals etc.

Maybe one day we'll move. Hopefully before i lose my sanity

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #25

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
It wouldn't take me long to file a small claims if this was my RV. The owners of an RV has every right to expect their property to be protected from malicious activity while in a repair facilities care. Not to mention being reimbursed for shoddy repairs. The dealers sure know how to take the thrill of ownership away. Maybe they should be renamed "The Buyers Remorse Station".
Old 03-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #26

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Not to sound harsh or critical, but if motorhomes were built to a much higher standard, most people wouldn’t buy them because they would cost too much. In somewhat-regulated free markets, it takes two sides to create such a mess. Manufacturers like Thor build cheap products because that’s what buyers prefer, hoping they will be the lucky ones that don’t end up with a lemon.

For the same cost, manufacturers could build more rugged, reliable, and durable motorhomes, but most buyers would pass on this option and buy what’s in the market today. That’s how we ended where we are today — free choice to buy whatever we wanted.

Last year Thor sold nearly $2 billion, yet did not force a single person to buy in spite of quality concerns that can be found in 5 seconds doing a Google search.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #27

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
This stuff really makes it easy for us to keep current Vegas unit. We have been knocking around idea of F-53 based 31 to 32 footer. Either an ACE 30.3 or Winnebago 32ye.

The Vegas is simple, without complexity of the bigger units. Less systems means less upkeep and repair.

We got real lucky, the dealer gave excellent walk through and I have never needed to take it back.

I hope the dealer CW or Thor make good on repair. Having unit out of use for 4-1/2 months is terrible.

I was looking at a Winnebago online from CW last night, I have heard enough horror stories to squash that .
Old 03-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Not to sound harsh or critical, but if motorhomes were built to a much higher standard, most people wouldn’t buy them because they would cost too much.
Did I EVER mention build quality?
NOPE!
I'm talking about a Service Department that almost seems to have gone out of it's way to do a PI$$-POOR job...
Old 03-19-2018, 01:19 AM   #29

THOR #5821
There must be another service facility within range, that you could deal with. Frankly CW would be about my last choice for a service facility. Thor does authorize some smaller independent RV shops to do warrantee work for them, you just have to ferret them out. Contact Thor, see if they can offer an alternative for you.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:17 AM   #30

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Did I EVER mention build quality?
NOPE!
I'm talking about a Service Department that almost seems to have gone out of it's way to do a PI$$-POOR job...
Actually you did — it’s right in your first post where you state your motorhome needs an extensive “Oh crap”! list of things fixed. And you are also looking for contact within Thor. The meaning is there whether you use the exact words or not.

Regarding grease in the cup holder; yeah, that sounds like someone had it out for you personally.

Quote:

I need both, and I'm too ticked-off to even see straight right now...
We went to pick up our rig from Camping World in Kingston, NY today, They've had it for four and a half Months, in order to tackle our extensive "Oh crap"! list...
Old 03-19-2018, 02:42 AM   #31
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
This stuff really makes it easy for us to keep current Vegas unit. We have been knocking around idea of F-53 based 31 to 32 footer. Either an ACE 30.3 or Winnebago 32ye.

The Vegas is simple, without complexity of the bigger units. Less systems means less upkeep and repair.

We got real lucky, the dealer gave excellent walk through and I have never needed to take it back.

I hope the dealer CW or Thor make good on repair. Having unit out of use for 4-1/2 months is terrible.

I was looking at a Winnebago online from CW last night, I have heard enough horror stories to squash that .
We felt the same way and were very happy with the Vegas. But when we did longer trips we decided on getting the Windsport 31S. We have been very happy with it so far and have had no more issues than the Vegas. Maybe we have been just lucky. Like others have said I think the dealer can make or break your experience.

Kev
Old 03-19-2018, 11:16 AM   #32
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Actually you did — it’s right in your first post where you state your motorhome needs an extensive “Oh crap”! list of things fixed. And you are also looking for contact within Thor. .
..Posted for the sole purpose of "setting the table"... My choice of terminology stems from a lack of the proper descriptive term for it.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
There must be another service facility within range, that you could deal with. Frankly CW would be about my last choice for a service facility. Thor does authorize some smaller independent RV shops to do warrantee work for them, you just have to ferret them out. Contact Thor, see if they can offer an alternative for you.
That's the tough part: none seem to be readily apparent.
We bought from CW Kingston, so it made sense to start with them; particularly for the warranty issues.
I should say that they DID knock a heckuva lot of items off of "The List"...
Old 03-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
UPDATE: Thor Motor Coach Customer Service has been in touch with C.W.
They have been to to call if they need anything: to get my rig back to me!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:33 PM   #35

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you are having, Bob! I would probably be the one crying when I saw the condition of our MH. For the next repair appointments I would insist on being present while repairs are being done. If they resist, tell them that putting grease in the cup holders proves to you their "Techs" (I use that term very loosely) are incompetent, disgusting examples of human beings!! And, you will have your lawyer sit with you in the MH while they repair things correctly. Then, send them the lawyer fees! All being copied to this Marcus turd that owns CW!
Old 03-20-2018, 10:39 PM   #36

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Glad to hear there is some progress! Go get 'em tiger!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:24 PM   #37

THOR #5821
Quote:
Good, you managed to get their attention. Did you send Thor pictures of the mess they returned to you, I hope? My experience, very limited, with direct contact with Thor has been positive. I think and hope, now that they are involved, things will happened quickly to resolve your issues.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:22 AM   #38
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I didn't send any pics; they just got a copy of my outraged email...
We couldn't bear to take pics of our rig like that.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:06 AM   #39

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Illinois
THOR #7230
I see that email address were posted here for CW, but does any one have the email for Thor management. Not just the customer service, because they dont care. I need to send a complait to the CEO.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:10 AM   #40

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
As some have said, the dealership makes a huge difference. We bought ours from Beaver Coach Sales and Service in Bend Oregon.

Yes there is a reason I spell it out. We have had our coach for a little over a year. It has been in for warranty work about 5 times. We schedule it ahead of time, deliver it when agreed and it has never taken more that two days.

If parts need to be ordered they order them and we return when they are there. It has taken up to 3 months to get some parts and then an appointment scheduled but we have our coach in the mean time.

All work has been done perfectly. We have nothing but good things to say about them. So it is not a national problem, just harder to find a real quality dealer, we got lucky.
I wish your experience was better.