Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
I used to own a Forest River Sabre 5er. On the Forest River Forum was a guy I think middle management from Forest River. He called himself Sabre Sam and responded to as well as providing solutions to many problem. He was such a helpful resource but he did it on his own. He was not paid to do it. Alas he was promoted and went away so no one stepped up to take his place. Thor if you are reading this you could promote such good will and customer loyalty if you would put someone in place to read and respond. Not just my opinion that is fact.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Thor will have folks keeping track of what is being said; you can bet that they'll have strict orders to NOT get drawn into a discussion!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #23

THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Thor will have folks keeping track of what is being said; you can bet that they'll have strict orders to NOT get drawn into a discussion!

Don't want then drawn into discussions. Want them solving problems! Sabre Sam was the most well respected guy on the forum. He could not solve every problem but helped a great many people directly and gave many others needed insight. Often he would go to PM in order to help out. Just saying there are people inside Thor who could be very helpful if they would. Does Thor want to promote goodwill or just sit back and let people belittle their name.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:58 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
This is all actually sort of comical...
EVERY forum that I've ever been on, will have a whole bunch of good folks doing nothing but complaining about the product, the Company, the Mothers of the Officers of the Company, and the Doctors who brought them into the World...

You guys think that Thor is bad???

They're not a bit different than any other large corporation. :
Old 10-14-2017, 11:59 PM   #25

THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
This is all actually sort of comical...

EVERY forum that I've ever been on, will have a whole bunch of good folks doing nothing but complaining about the product, the Company, the Mothers of the Officers of the Company, and the Doctors who brought them into the World...

You guys think that Thor is bad???

They're not a bit different than any other large corporation. :

It may be attitudes like this that keeps them from getting involved. Jus Saying
Old 10-15-2017, 12:58 AM   #26

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
I actually think Thor is pretty good. It's our third RV, first class A, and so far very little has fallen off. Not gonna lie, had some little issues, but only one large problem that's a pain. The Axxera touch screen radio quit responding to touch. The manual is extensive if dated, but overall we are very happy with our purchase. We have one last outing then it gets put in the barn. Gonna be a long winter....
Old 10-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #27

THOR #7227
I am also pleased with my coach. Just saying Thor could build a lot of good will and cut down on much of the endless complaints if they would actively take a roll in the forum and try to help many of the people having so many problem. I really feel bad for the folks who get a lemon and has their coach in the shop more than they are able to use it. Just seems like the thing to do to build owner loyalty and promote goodwill.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:29 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Mine has an "Oh crap!" list that's 23 items strong... and growing!
But we'll give them the time necessary to fix things, and remain optimistic!
Could they do a better job? Of course they could!
But who among us does a perfect job: all of the time?
Old 10-15-2017, 02:50 PM   #29

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
When I took the factory tour last month, I asked the marketing guy if they read this forum. He hemmed and hawed and didn't answer the question directly. But he implied that they are aware that it exists. I, for one, am glad that it IS independent of the manufacturer.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #30

THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
When I took the factory tour last month, I asked the marketing guy if they read this forum. He hemmed and hawed and didn't answer the question directly. But he implied that they are aware that it exists. I, for one, am glad that it IS independent of the manufacturer.

Not suggesting the manufacturer take control. Simply suggesting they participate and perhaps help some people when they can.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #31

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
I belong to a RAM truck forum and RAM customer service "does" monitor and takes a place as advisor and help to some that have problems in RAM's warranty issues. Works very well and does help many. Be nice if Thor did the same and would probably cut down a lot of frustration for many owners.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #32

THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
I belong to a RAM truck forum and RAM customer service "does" monitor and takes a place as advisor and help to some that have problems in RAM's warranty issues. Works very well and does help many. Be nice if Thor did the same and would probably cut down a lot of frustration for many owners.

RAM is quite a large corporation and many others take an active roll in customer service. Just suggest that taking an active roll will be the new reality and the sooner large corporations get on board the better. I don't like seeing Thor's name belittled and think my coach is fine. Just wish someone at corporate would help some of these folks with desperate issues. My concern is for others not myself.