Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2017, 01:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
Does Thor ever reply to a post?

The title says it all. Do they ever chime in on the forums? Seems to me from the postings I've read it could be a full time job keeping up with the issues folks are having with their rigs.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:11 AM   #2

Model: 34J
State: Florida
THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
The title says it all. Do they ever chime in on the forums? Seems to me from the postings I've read it could be a full time job keeping up with the issues folks are having with their rigs.

My guess is no. They are too busy working on warranty approvals for the poor quality that leaves the factory!
Old 10-05-2017, 01:33 AM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
There is nothing in it for them to respond here. Not to be unkind, but people would be on them like a pack of wolves each one chasing their own personal agenda. I’m happy with my Thor product and I believe most buyers are with theirs. But we’re in a distinct minority on this forum!
Old 10-05-2017, 02:17 AM   #4

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
There is nothing in it for them to respond here. Not to be unkind, but people would be on them like a pack of wolves each one chasing their own personal agenda. I’m happy with my Thor product and I believe most buyers are with theirs. But we’re in a distinct minority on this forum!
I agree [emoji4]
Old 10-05-2017, 02:20 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 26B
THOR #6414
Thor had a banner year this year but as a result rushed production that ended up with little or no quality control and a lot of poor quality RVs. Yes there are some who got decent units but trust me there are far more unhappy people than there should be. Many like to use the excuse that some are considered "entry level" RVs. I think that is lame. Poor quality builds have nothing to do with the level or purchase price. My little $4500 Starcraft popup was built better than my $100,000 class C. Thor customer support is really luck of the draw. You either get good support, or like in my case, no support. #ThorLacksIntegrity
Old 10-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
Thor had a banner year this year but as a result rushed production that ended up with little or no quality control and a lot of poor quality RVs. Yes there are some who got decent units but trust me there are far more unhappy people than there should be. Many like to use the excuse that some are considered "entry level" RVs. I think that is lame. Poor quality builds have nothing to do with the level or purchase price. My little $4500 Starcraft popup was built better than my $100,000 class C. Thor customer support is really luck of the draw. You either get good support, or like in my case, no support. #ThorLacksIntegrity
To be fair: "far more unhappy people than there should be" any number >0 is more than there should be.

There have been hints that Thor reads the forums here (mostly from people getting Thor responses that surprised them because Thor had mentioned their post) but it really wouldn't be in their best interest to post (for the reasons mentioned above).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
This forum is not owned or associated with Thor Industries. The moderators are all voluntary
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #8

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #6291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post

Agreed.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #9

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
I will say that while I read many of the same quality control nightmares on the Forest River forums, those have company reps that respond in threads.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw them participating on that forum, both product managers talking about new coach designs and primarily one customer service focused guy.

I opted not to go with Forest River due to all of the problems I read about, combined with floor plans not as nice as Thors, but I was impressed with company reps on that forum.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #10

THOR #6291
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I will say that while I read many of the same quality control nightmares on the Forest River forums, those have company reps that respond in threads.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw them participating on that forum, both product managers talking about new coach designs and primarily one customer service focused guy.

I opted not to go with Forest River due to all of the problems I read about, combined with floor plans not as nice as Thors, but I was impressed with company reps on that forum.

The same reason I passed on Forest River.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #11

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
To be fair: "far more unhappy people than there should be" any number >0 is more than there should be.

There have been hints that Thor reads the forums here (mostly from people getting Thor responses that surprised them because Thor had mentioned their post) but it really wouldn't be in their best interest to post (for the reasons mentioned above).
I love our Axis! At some point we will sell or trade it and buy another. We have had plenty of problems with ours. IMO, directly related to Assembly line procedures or lack of quality control. I have been told that Thor reads the forums. Its because of that; I post my problems and concerns, and of course the fact that there are some very smart people here that help a lot of people. The more input Thor has, the better.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #12
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
I've been on other (auto - non-RV) forums not affiliated with a manufacturer - where the customer support of the manufacturer participated... It typically wasn't more than "we're sorry you are having a problem - contact me with your VIN so we can research"...
I think we all know how to contact Thor and escalate issues - not sure them posting here would improve that.

Now on the product design side - and what is coming - that could be interesting - but I'd expect they would just get flooded with messages they really couldn't give an effective answer to.

I do hope they READ the forum... and take some constructive criticism back to address... I'm sure this isn't the only input point by any means - but at least some design changes talked about here seem to creep into the next years model.

Not sure those happy with their rigs are in the minority even on this forum... Don't know the number registered here - or probably a better number those actively reading/posting... While there are certainly many issues posted here - doesn't mean all those people are unhappy with their coach. There clearly are those that are unhappy - and you will always see more posts for complaints rather than praise - just human nature.

Some certainly do have problems that no one should have to deal with... in no way excusing that... but don't think the generalization that most people here are unhappy (or those happy are in the minority) is true.

My 2 cents this morning...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #13

THOR #6291
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
I've been on other (auto - non-RV) forums not affiliated with a manufacturer - where the customer support of the manufacturer participated... It typically wasn't more than "we're sorry you are having a problem - contact me with your VIN so we can research"...
I think we all know how to contact Thor and escalate issues - not sure them posting here would improve that.

Now on the product design side - and what is coming - that could be interesting - but I'd expect they would just get flooded with messages they really couldn't give an effective answer to.

I do hope they READ the forum... and take some constructive criticism back to address... I'm sure this isn't the only input point by any means - but at least some design changes talked about here seem to creep into the next years model.

Not sure those happy with their rigs are in the minority even on this forum... Don't know the number registered here - or probably a better number those actively reading/posting... While there are certainly many issues posted here - doesn't mean all those people are unhappy with their coach. There clearly are those that are unhappy - and you will always see more posts for complaints rather than praise - just human nature.

Some certainly do have problems that no one should have to deal with... in no way excusing that... but don't think the generalization that most people here are unhappy (or those happy are in the minority) is true.

My 2 cents this morning...

Well said
Old 10-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #14

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I remember a similar question asked a while back. Some of the responses to that, as well as a couple others over the years (very few) lead me to believe that maybe, just maybe, someone from Thor chimed in once in a blue moon with brief comments.... unofficially
such as an odd one line comment by someone with very few posts on record that you just don't see regularly participating.
BUT I have NEVER seen any formal admissions...
And I really do have strong doubts about this.

That being said however...I have always imagined that if I were in any way associated with Thor.... as a salesman, an engineer, a CEO, marketing guy.... whatever....
and if there was a Thor owners forum
I would not be missing a single post.

BUT, a sense I've had since back in the days of my popup trailer, I often don't feel like the folks that design and build RV's ever really use them.....so why would they participate here or anywhere like it.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #15

Model: Windsport 29
THOR #9245
I started this post and I would hope someone from the company would keep an eye on issues brought up by users. But after finding out the USB ports not working in the bedroom, and finding it's an old well known issue, we can assume nobody looks or cares. Camping World told me it was "Amish wiring" and to deal with it. Which I already had.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #16

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Since this is not a Thor sponsored forum, they would not ever officially respond. Its possible they may monitor it, I have my doubts, but none of us would ever know.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #17

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
I am happy with my Thor, it's Camping World's repair shop in Burlington that works on them that sucks. Good Service Writer but shop people are not very responsible, liars and do shoddy work. Beware if you have any work done there.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #18

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
I know for fact that a Ford rep monitors my F150 forum and encourages ppl to bring issues to them for resolution and interaction with dealers. I think it would be advantageous to Thor to monitor sites like this to be "pro active" thats what really elevates the mfgr's commitment to excellence. This person can be an indepentent go-between working from home anywhere in the country.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #19

State: Colorado
THOR #8837
We have had them respond to us directly thru the “message” approach rather than the public portion. The result after our post and their contact was a very positive experience. I had complained about their lack of response to our efforts to contact them via their website system. Again I want to make it clear they did resolve our relatively minor issues after posting on the forum.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:56 PM   #20

Model: Challenger LX
State: Texas
THOR #6185
I hope they read and respond to issues on this forum. I’m new to this one, but I have gotten a response and a fix from Chrysler on the Jeep Wrangler forum. They fixed for free an issue that I had with a Mopar lift kit that I put on my jeep.