Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2016, 08:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
dreaded error code low voltage- LOCKED OUT!

So we took the newbie out to a local KOA to do more than a driveway play day! Went to get leveled (was gonna do manual anyway because of the spot) and low and behold the dreaded low voltage On the auto Level Pad is staring at us.....so immediately we go to the on line book (of course Cust Service is closed on Saturdays- not sure why they don't have a hot line with all the money everyone is spending at Thor and all of its owned companies making RV's of all types!!) so finding nothing helpful or workful, we looked thru some forums to try and test...no good there so actually called the service dept were we purchased the rig and he was oh so helpful in the sweltering 95 degree heat- but to no avail....so we are assuming the worst like a controller/keypad/chip thing but wondered if any of you have fixed this issue on your own- we stayed at the site with slide in, played with water, took a shower, watched some TV cleaned some windows and ate lunch...then emptied everything and came home. Still the same issue here in the driveway- can't wait to see what Monday will bring-.....all the other systems seem to work fine- we love her so far- even tested the steep downhill trailer towing break assist that works like a charm! she is a big girl! glad we had not been on vacation and driven to a beautiful spot 4 hours away and had to stay with the slides in!! LOL

Old 06-11-2016, 09:00 PM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 27.1
State: Texas
THOR #2240
Hi,
Just checking the basics...
Use/Store button in Use position.
Engine running.
Emergency brake on
Old 06-11-2016, 09:29 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Texan - took the words right out of our experience.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:32 PM   #4

THOR #4425
oH YEAH- COMPUTER IS PLUGGED IN! lol
Old 06-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #5

THOR #1020
So if you get the error code, then press enter and Off. With engine running, brake set it still errors out? When I've had the error, I got a little quick and did the reset that I mentioned.

Only thing I would try is the genny running.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:21 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The leveling system requires 13+ volts to operate. I will get the error if I try turning on the jacks too soon after starting the engine. My solution is to turn the jacks off and let the engine run for a minute or tow so the battery isolator opens and the alternator starts charging the coach batteries. I then turn the jack power back on and the error normally go away. Every now and again, I may need to turn off the jacks and turn them back on twice to get rid of the error.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #7

THOR #4425
yes we read all the Thor forums about pressing the pad buttons...holding the level/enter button..level/enter extract--we think, after several hours trying to learn this ourselves that we are missing a small puzzle piece...we checked the fuses....we pushed the 50 bus button to reset , we have had the engine on...waited , the engine off.....the voltage is good....we see no loose wires but we have a nagging horrible feeling that it is a button somewhere else....we hope we do not drive it back to the dealer for repair to find that out---we have also inspected the lines and the jacks...all fluids look intact...we are crazy thinking it might be the control board??? but that seems too complex (ha ha or maybe that simple)considering this rig has less than 1000 miles, the jacks have been up and down to level maybe 5 times in the last 6 weeks.....the service guy at the dealer even said there should be a reset switch if the fuses looked good somewhere near the unit under the storage area.(no luck seeing a "breaker"type button he was describing)we used a lot of sweat equity today I tell ya! ;}
Old 06-11-2016, 10:32 PM   #8

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1505
I have the same problem going on now. The leveling system does work correctly on shore power or generator, however, just on battery, "low voltage". This is the second time period of time for me. Worked correctly when first purchased. Started the "Low Voltage" after about 20 usages. Just started working correctly one day for maybe 25 more usages. Have not found a way to correct the problem yet.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:34 PM   #9

THOR #4425
wow....how are you or are you using your RV????
Old 06-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #10

THOR #1020
Dave - same experience here.

Relative to the reset - they don't look like typical circuit breakers in a home or a car. The ones in the motorhome are square with raised.

Here is a link to another thread with GREAT pics.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...olved-255.html
Old 06-12-2016, 01:56 AM   #11

THOR #4425
Thankyou fir the inout...we took the ipad,the ladder and a good light out and dud not see snything frim or near the batteries like the picture...followed all the wires but no go for sny button or switch.....we know its going to be something simple...maybe just the board behind the plastic cover! Seems the more we read the more we realize there is not a person on the rv planet that has not had issues from way back!
Old 06-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #12

THOR #1020
I've had 2 issues but both self-inflicted.

1. The low voltage caused by not waiting for engine generator to provide sufficient current - the 13+ volts mentioned.

2. "Over stress levelers" and kicking the the circuit breaker.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #13
Site Team

THOR #1469
My mistake, the low voltage error occurs at under 12.7 VDC. Below 12.7 Auto level will not function but you should be able to level manually. If the voltage drops below 9.5 VDC neither auto nor manual leveling using the jacks is possible.

If you have the LCD display on the jack control panel you can scroll through the display by using the up or down arrow and it will provide you with the reading of battery voltage.
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #14

THOR #4425
Well we have plenty of voltage......not sure what over stress is they have hardly been used! Lol........and we were not even fooling with them when it beeped before we went down the road. So we left them alone and assumed that the coach needed to run for awhile or something....but no joy!
The pad is dead with the error.....no scrolling,no resetting...nadda!
Old 06-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #15
Site Team

THOR #1469
Is your jack system located in the same compartment as the batteries? If not, look around the jack motor/pump for the breaker. If there is no power to the control panel it definitely sounds like a tripped breaker and there will be one somewhere. You may need to trace back from the pump motor rather than from the batteries.
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-12-2016, 08:36 PM   #16

THOR #1020
dstankov - yep and the breaker should still look like the one in the pic. I'd look in the engine compartment as well. I had a POS Georgetown and it had one tucked in there.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #17

THOR #4425
well just gonna have to solve this crossword puzzle on a Monday or a Tuesday--cannot WAIT to see what Thor or Lippert or the Service guys come up with...still locked and short of taking apart any and everything connected to the pump housing ourselves.....NOT...then these guys are gonna have to fix this 100,000.00 question!
Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 AM   #18

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
I had the same issue with mine. I called Thor and was told that since I upgraded to a 4 battery setup, they most likely were not charged up enough and I should either 1) plug into 50AMP post or start the generator. I started the generator and it worked fine. After camping a weekend plugged in, they worked fine when I left the campground and worked fine when I got home. I am just thinking that my new batteries were not completely charged (4 6 volt batteries). I will keep an eye on them to make sure they are good and holding a charge, but anyway, the generator solved the issue when I leveled out at the campground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowRun View Post
well just gonna have to solve this crossword puzzle on a Monday or a Tuesday--cannot WAIT to see what Thor or Lippert or the Service guys come up with...still locked and short of taking apart any and everything connected to the pump housing ourselves.....NOT...then these guys are gonna have to fix this 100,000.00 question!
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:24 PM   #19

THOR #4425
Talking

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!! Okay so sent a ticket to the Lippert people and Thor--the Lippert person was very helpful---we located the control box- verified voltages at control wiring and at solenoid on pump- unplugged control panel- that has rest the system and the error is gone- the Jacks are working great so far!! we will see what happens when we take her out again live!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #20

THOR #1020
Willowrun - super. So it was in essence a reset that was needed.