Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2016, 02:39 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: WINDSPORT
State: Texas
THOR #4417
Driver side window trim loose

Has anyone had a problem with the glass trim on the driver and passenger side windows in the cab area coming loose? It had adhesive as there is signs of it with dirt and debris there. Now the rounded corners are loose. Was wondering what type of adhesive you used to reattach it? We have a 2016 Windsport.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:31 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29m
State: Louisiana
THOR #3932
Lose trim

I just picked up a 2017 hurricane 29m, I have a little wind noise coming from driver side upper corner..do u get wind noise? Will check with ladder ..
Old 10-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #3

THOR #4417
It was loose on the lower back side of the window. Not sure if that gap would make much noise when driving. The overlap glass trim was just put on with double stick tape. Not sure if we had noise from this or not. Our coach has had a lot of noise as we drive and we found that we have a large gap on the driver's side beside the seat where the outer shell and the interior meet. You could see the ground outside through the gap. Put caulk in the gap so will see if it is quieter next time we drive it.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:04 PM   #4

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
I am aware of plastic trim on these windows but no glass trim. If you are talking about the black plastic trim piece it has a channel inside of which fits a rubber channel. Take the rubber channel an fit it on the glass. Then take the plastic channel and fit it over the rubber channel which is now on the the glass.

Using a rubber mallet and a bloc of wood tap the plastic channel piece into place until tight. This is a friction fit. Don't use much force and tap up and down the length of the plastic trim.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:08 AM   #5

THOR #4417
It is the dark glass that is glued to the outside edge of the window around sides. We put a clear adhesive to secure the edge down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160803_14_40_23_Rich (6).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	3152  
Old 10-12-2016, 01:03 AM   #6

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDFDH View Post
It is the dark glass that is glued to the outside edge of the window around sides. We put a clear adhesive to secure the edge down.
I guess I don't understand you. I don't think there is any glass glued to anything other than the windshield and it's mastic on my Thor. There is plastic trim though associated with the glass side windows.

Tags
window trim loose