Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2023, 06:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
THOR #30735
Thor 2016 Vegas Dash AC

On my Thor 2016 Vegas 25.3 The AC control panel works with heater and other settings except when you push in to engage the AC it fried the circuit board by the push button. Everything else works. The other is the outlet socket is not working

Old 09-06-2023, 07:06 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceb View Post
On my Thor 2016 Vegas 25.3 The AC control panel works with heater and other settings except when you push in to engage the AC it fried the circuit board by the push button. Everything else works. The other is the outlet socket is not working
The fuse for the Ford Power Ports (12 volt cigar lighter receptacle) is usually under the coach's hood in the Ford Power Center.

Your dash A/C controls are from Evans Tempcon. Comfort Air is the retailer -<https://www.comfortairgr.com/product-category/evans-tempcon-motorome-rv-parts/>
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 03:56 PM   #3

THOR #30735
Thanks for your reply... I purchased a new control panel sometime back but have not put it in until I know the wiring harness is ok. Not wanting to fry another circuit board.
Old 09-07-2023, 05:58 PM   #4

THOR #30735
Thor 2016 Dash AC control panel fried circuit board

Click image for larger version

Name:	control thor.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	43471 On my Thor Vegas 2016 25.3 When using the dash control panel see attached photo , pushing the ac button the ac came on worked fine then it stopped. Opened up the control panel and found the circuit behind the button had fried the circuit board. The control panel still works with all settings except the ac fried. My question is what caused this? A bad relay switch, a short circuit in wiring harness a bad push button. I have a new control panel but not wanting to put it in until I find out what caused it. Also my cigarette socket if not working. When testing for voltage in the socket the voltage is not 12 volts it jumps up beyond what it should be. Is that a cause of a ground fault short circuit wiring. The fuses are not blown..
Old 09-07-2023, 06:51 PM   #5

Model: Challenger
State: Maryland
THOR #25281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceb View Post
Attachment 43471 On my Thor Vegas 2016 25.3 When using the dash control panel see attached photo , pushing the ac button the ac came on worked fine then it stopped. Opened up the control panel and found the circuit behind the button had fried the circuit board. The control panel still works with all settings except the ac fried. My question is what caused this? A bad relay switch, a short circuit in wiring harness a bad push button. I have a new control panel but not wanting to put it in until I find out what caused it. Also my cigarette socket if not working. When testing for voltage in the socket the voltage is not 12 volts it jumps up beyond what it should be. Is that a cause of a ground fault short circuit wiring. The fuses are not blown..
Hello sir, it sounds like your a/c is drawing way to many amps and you are correct it may be a bad ground wire somewhere or a relay. If it were me I would unplug the power to the compressor and put your new control panel and take a voltmeter and check the voltage to the compressor. I might even go a step farther and dissconnect the plug to the radiator fan and the blower motor under the dash. Could be as simple as the fan or the blower motor binding and causing this issue. Check voltage at all three locations before plugging anything back in. Quick question for you. Does your blower motor inside your vehicle sound ok? No strange noises right? Your condensor fan no issues either right? Look at the wiring going into the back of your control panel and if it overheated it should be discolored. Your cigarette lighter has a bad ground, this could all be related to the control board. Some investigation to some of the questions will help us help you, good luck
Old 09-07-2023, 07:12 PM   #6

THOR #30735
hello thanks for the reply. When using the control panel the blower and heater part works just fine. No bad noises Im new to this type of problems there isn't very nuch rv help where I live...
Old 09-10-2023, 08:23 PM   #7

State: Missouri
THOR #4677
My 2016 VEGAS has a finiky AC button, even if it shows BLUE it doesn't always engage the compressor. So far a couple of firm slaps wakes it up, but after reading this I probably need to inspect it further.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:31 PM   #8

THOR #30735
I would have it checked out.. mine fried the circuit board..and those control boards are not cheap..
Old 09-12-2023, 09:46 PM   #9

State: Georgia
THOR #30792
Where did you get the control panel ?
Old 09-13-2023, 10:08 AM   #10

THOR #30735
I found one on Ebay... also here is another place. https://www.comfortairgr.com/product...2146-rv202024/ Good luck.

Tags
control board panel, dash ac