Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2019, 06:17 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Iowa
THOR #12878
Equalize battery with Fire Fly?

How or can I equalize a battery bank with the firefly? 2018 Aria 3901

Old 02-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I don't know your coach or which specific version multiplex system the Aria uses but you could try Youtube for some good videos on the various systems. I am attaching one video that may apply, but as with many things there are probably a variety of versions out there. About half way through the video they finally get into the DC battery settings and in fact they do show that (with this version at least) you can control the type of charge being applied to the batteries. If this does not look like your version I am sure someone else will comment with more specifics; or do some youtube trolling.....or Firefly web site trolling to get your specifics. It is a system for folks who like to play with buttons....no doubt about it.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:41 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
since the typical method to do this from Magnum, with the 'normal' ME-RC, like mine, or the similar ME-ARC controller, is to PUSH and HOLD the Charger button until the system goes into Equalizing mode, WHILE on 50amp shore power - a similar 'push' would have to be available thru your Interface... though since I don't have one like yours, I would not know specifically if that's possible, or if there is just a method that is deeper within your settings.

I wonder, though, if you actually have a ME-RC controller, but it's just not for your physical use since you have the Interface, and it is instead mounted near the Inverter, giving you the option of the physical interface versus the factory supplied interior one.

I'm not aware that the Magnum Inverters have any physical way to make these changes on the Inverter itself, since there is only a 'On/Off' push button on the end, unless the Magnum manual provides for a way to use the button in a certain 'pattern' of pushes to get it to go into Equalization mode - though I doubt it.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:26 PM   #4

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
I had to buy a seperate Magnum ME-ARC controller to access all of the programming features of the Magnum inverter on my 2018 Palazzo 33.2 (to program the "Custom" settings for my Li batteries) as the Firefly controller does give access to many of the functions or menu options.
If you read your Magnum inverter/charger manual, the default setting for Wet/Flooded batteries may include an equalizing function (i.e. every 28 days, like on the GoPower solar controller)

Tags
aria 3901