Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2017, 03:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #7005
Extra power connections near tank sensors?

I've got a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 22FE and while fueling up the other day I noticed a wire dangling down near where the black & grey water tanks are located. I assumed the sensor wire came loose and went about repairing it when I got home.

Except now that I've been under the chassis, it's not the sensor wiring at all. Going to each tank is a flexible black wire tubing with 4 wires inside: two end in a dual-crimp (red) connector which is hooked up to the tank sensor wiring, the other is another dual crimp connector (blue) without anything plugged in -- This is what was hanging down. The grey water tank has exactly the same setup: one pair to the tank sensor, the other is just bundled up with a zip tie.

At first glance I thought these blue connectors should be connected to eachother but that doesn't seem to be the case, are these just an extra power source for something? It's a bit too tight to identify where they ultimately lead as they go into the bundle of wiring for everything else underneath.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Do you have TANK HEATERS on the grey and black tanks?

If not, these could be the power connectors for them (if they were installed)
Old 04-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #7005
Mike,

Nope, no heaters, but that makes perfect sense why there'd be auxiliary power near each of the holding tanks. Thank you!