Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2017, 05:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Favor Needed - Bathroom door operation

On my 25.2, the bathroom door (type: barn door) has broken. The bottom black metal device (next to door) came out of the wall. The door started banging: accelerate slam open; brake slam closed.

I have done the old toothpick/glue trick to reseat the black metal device. I am planning to reseat it this afternoon. But just putting it on does not stop the door from free floating forward and reverse.

The bedroom door (same type) has holes in the top. When you move the door all open or closed, there is a hole in the top that a piece of plastic will catch in. The latch handle frees it.

I can not find anything similar on the bathroom door.

Can someone look at their working door and explain the stick in place operation. Maybe a picture would help.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
I had a similar experience with one of the pocket doors in my 25.3. The little black metal piece on the bottom of the door came loose from its mounting position on our very first trip. I replaced the factory screws with small toggle bolts and that fixed the problem.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:30 PM   #3

THOR #2271
Great Idea
Old 01-31-2017, 01:11 AM   #4

THOR #2271
I discovered the real issue. The right side of the door is lower than the left. In order to fix it, I need to adjust the length of the bolt that rides on the roller. That requires a pocket door adjuster wrench. I can't find any. So it will be shipped. OK, another Scout merit badge for me
Old 01-31-2017, 02:22 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
On our 24.1 the pin that holds the door closed/open wasn't holding very well when making turns on the road so I added a magnetic latch to hold it closed:
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:49 PM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Like you did Jamie, I mounted magnets and removed the pin locks. Magnets work much better and doors don't rattle.
I took it one step farther though, and mounted the doors separately so that door next to the sink is hinged there. Wife likes it as it gives her more room to dress with the forward bathroom door open and blocking view from frig. forward. Was an easy mod.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:45 PM   #7

THOR #2271
Unlike the 24.1, the 25.2 has a rolling "barn door". It's a pocket door on the outside that rolls on a rail. Magnets would not help.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #8

THOR #2271
Ended up using hollow door molly bolts and then resetting the height of the door using a pocket door adjustment tool. But to be safe, I am going to add a button strap to be safe. On the road, I don't want to have to go through this two day ordeal.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #9

State: Arizona
THOR #9982
Have 2016 Axis and was having same trouble with door sliding back and forth during driving and not latching properly. After reading these posts took good look at where spring loaded pin goes up into plastic plate with holes and saw that an open ended wrench could be used to turn pin upwards so that it engaged fully in plate.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:30 PM   #10

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
The door between the bedroom and bathroom in my Miramar is a 2-door slider. With the door opened and latched for travel it would occasionally pop out of the bottom track when pulling into a driveway, due to twisting of the RV. I found the easiest way to eliminate this issue was to attach a small piece of velcro to the door (bedroom side) and the bathroom wall. I then place a strip of velcro from door to wall before traveling...end of problem.