Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: Alabama
THOR #11124
Question Fog lights won’t turn off in 2015 Axis 24.1

We were camping on the gulf coast this week and ended up evacuating because of Michael. After a rather long 8 plus hour trip home, stowing gear and cleaning up, I noticed the fog lights were still on. Nothing happens when I use the toggle switch on the dash. Couldn’t find any help in Ed’s wonderful manual. Does anyone know or have any suggestions how to fix this issue. The LED lights around headlights no longer come on either. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Leila

Old 10-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
The fog light switch on my Vegas is next to the generator and dome switches. Are you sure you turned that one off?

If you can't get them turned off, a temporary fix would be to pull the wires at the bulbs. There is a little catch to release the bulb on two sides.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:17 PM   #3

THOR #11124
I have already disconnected the lights but would like to figure out what happened. Do the toggle switches go bad? Or is there a fuse just for the fog lights?

Thanks for your reply! Leila
Old 10-11-2018, 11:46 PM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Any switch can go bad. More likely, a loose wire is crossed and bypassing the switch. Can you feel those wires back there? I would check the wires where they go to the switch.

Even if there is a fuse for the fog lights, a bad fuse would give you no lights, not constantly on lights.

Suggest you contact Thor and ask for a schematic of the wiring. Ask for one of the plumbing, too, while you are at it.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:35 AM   #5

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I am not familiar with your coach at all but usually fog lights are operated via a relay which in turn is probably operated by the dash switch. So it is possible that the fog light relay has failed closed.....or the switch has shorted to operate the fod light relay. Find the relay and pull it to see if your lights turn off and then use a multimeter to test the relay and switch +12V at the relay coil socket terminals. Of course I am assuming your coach uses a relay......hope that helps.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:39 AM   #6

THOR #11124
All the wires behind the switch appear to be in good shape. Thanks for advice to contact Thor. Will do that tomorrow. Again thanks
Old 10-12-2018, 12:43 AM   #7

THOR #11124
Javelin,
Don’t know what a relay is - all this is a bit beyond my pool of knowledge. I will contact Thor tomorrow. Thanks for your suggestions. Leila
Old 10-12-2018, 12:55 AM   #8

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, well a relay is basically an electro mechanical device that can power high current loads (like fog lights) under the control of a low current circuit ( operated by your dash switch). Relays come in all shapes and sizes and voltage/current ratings.

I am going to "guess" that Thor would have provided the relay if you have one for your fog lights......they should be able to tell you if they did and where it should be located. Sometimes finding the devices in our coaches is the worst part of it all.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:04 PM   #9

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #6389
I am wondering if you ever figured out what the issue was?
How did you resolve it?
we have the exact same issue in our 2015 Vegas 24.1
the fog lights cannot be turned off... my husband did remove the bulbs.
But we would like to resolve the issue.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #10

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
me too!

same as pj, mine do not turn off, ever!
doesn't bother me up to now, low priority look into it issue someday.
if someone figures it out, let us know! If i ever figure it out, i'll be sure to let you know.
2017 vegas 24.1