Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2019, 11:18 PM   #1

State: California
THOR #10665
Stabilizer Jacks won’t retract, can’t find any blown fuses, but not sure I’ve found w

Last week I I extended the two stabilizer jacks on my 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 24FE Class C Sprinter RV and now when trying to retract them I get no response when pressing the switches which are shown below. I’ve checked all the regular fuses (about 64 in two boxes) and the batteries are fully charged. I’ve tried it with the generator on for 20 mins, the engine on for 20 mins. And while it’s plugged in, but nothing works. The motor appears to be getting no power and I hear nothing no clicks or motor sounds when pushing the right or left buttons or pushing them to either retract or extend. I’m thinking that there may be a blown fuse or circuit breaker I’m unaware of and I haven’t checked yet. Below are a few pictures, if anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. I can manually retract both sides but the one that is still down has limited space so can’t get the crowbar in, but I can do it with a wrench. However, I can only do about a quarter turn at a time, it’s going to take 30 to 60 mins on my back on the ground so I can get it up and move the RV unless I can figure what caused the motor to stop working and then fix the problem. Possibly related the awning lights are also not working and the on off switch is right next to the switch for the stabilizers. Below is a picture of what is right behind those switches in a compartment under the sink but I see no water leaking anywhere, which may include a less common type of fuse in the red plastic container or circuit breaker from the cabinet they are attached too, however the lights went out first, then the stabilizers. Also below are pictures of the stabilizer jack and possible fuses/circuit breakers right near the stabilizer motor in the back of the RV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0830.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	16136

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0824.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	16133Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0823.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	16134Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0826.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	16135

Old 03-09-2019, 11:25 PM   #2

THOR #10665
I should point out that the sideout power still works so I can retract it still and the power still works to extend or retract the awning.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:33 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I don't know your coach at all, but if everything else electrical is working fine except the stabilizer jacks then probably there is a fuse or breaker open somewhere; or a connection has come loose somewhere.....you just haven't found it yet. I also don't know much about stabilizer jack systems, but I would start from the coach battery +12v post (or from the stabilizer motor end) and follow the power wire through devices (like breakers) and see what you can find that is open circuit and hopefully resettable. A multimeter might help you track down where the 12v is missing. Some mini breakers are resettable with a very small button on the side of them. They may look like the following (if my link works):

https://www.etrailer.com/p-LC134181.html
Old 03-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
I am going way out on a limb on this one. From the picture it looks like one of the jacks are up, that would put more pressure on the down jack. It also looks like your rig is leaning somewhat down hill, so more pressure on the down jack. Being on concrete does not allow the foot of the jack to slide while trying to retract. I would try and take some pressure off the jack by raising the rig up just enough, then try to raise the jack. Again just a different way to go seeing how you covered all the electric stuff.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #5

THOR #10665
Quick update for anyone following this thread. I found the fuse for the light to the awning and it was blown out. I replaced it and the lights work great now. The fuse was found in that red plastic casing shown in the first picture. I have so far been unable to find the fuse for the stabilizer jacks. This morning I had no choice but to manually retract the stabilizer cause I had to move the RV. If anyone knows where the fuses for stabilizers on a Thor Freedom Elite 24FE Class C RV please let me know.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:19 AM   #6

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevad View Post
Last week I I extended the two stabilizer jacks on my 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 24FE Class C Sprinter RV and now when trying to retract them I get no response when pressing the switches which are shown below. I’ve checked all the regular fuses (about 64 in two boxes) and the batteries are fully charged. I’ve tried it with the generator on for 20 mins, the engine on for 20 mins. And while it’s plugged in, but nothing works. The motor appears to be getting no power and I hear nothing no clicks or motor sounds when pushing the right or left buttons or pushing them to either retract or extend. I’m thinking that there may be a blown fuse or circuit breaker I’m unaware of and I haven’t checked yet. Below are a few pictures, if anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. I can manually retract both sides but the one that is still down has limited space so can’t get the crowbar in, but I can do it with a wrench. However, I can only do about a quarter turn at a time, it’s going to take 30 to 60 mins on my back on the ground so I can get it up and move the RV unless I can figure what caused the motor to stop working and then fix the problem. Possibly related the awning lights are also not working and the on off switch is right next to the switch for the stabilizers. Below is a picture of what is right behind those switches in a compartment under the sink but I see no water leaking anywhere, which may include a less common type of fuse in the red plastic container or circuit breaker from the cabinet they are attached too, however the lights went out first, then the stabilizers. Also below are pictures of the stabilizer jack and possible fuses/circuit breakers right near the stabilizer motor in the back of the RV.

Attachment 16136

Attachment 16133Attachment 16134Attachment 16135

Odd they have fuses like that, they should all be in electrical center. Those aren’t fuses just connectors near the jack. It’s a fuse has to be the odds of both bad are too high. You need to look more it’s probably a fuse like that red one in the front , there are a few of those in mine.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #7

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
I don't know your rig set up either, but have a thought, is there one of those 12v in-line circuit breakers that may have tripped, exposing a little flag that you push in to reset?

Ours were located underneath near the battery box, class C rig.
I built an extra battery box support and relocated mine to where they were easier to access.
You used to have to lay on the ground, scooch under the RV some, to get to them!
Just thinkin'