Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31E
State: Louisiana
THOR #8291
Four Winds 31E full slide question/concern

Greetings! Just completed a 2000 mile move from Louisiana to California in our 2017 Four Winds 31E. We picked up the coach late June and this was our first big trip. The trip was great overall and no major issues with the coach, loved the trip. However, I noticed along the trip... that I don't remember in our walk-through... the middle of the slide doesn't sit flush with the coach when pulled in. Sticks out a couple inches or so. Was wondering if any full-wall slide owners or anyone else familiar knew if this was normal or not. Doesn't appear to effect functionality or anything, just a little concerning. Will attempt to attach a couple of pictures. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	6438   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	6439  

Old 08-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Are you holding the slide extend/retract button for 5 seconds after the motors stop, if not your motors may be out of synch. Cycle your slide in and out a couple of times, hold the button for 5 seconds after the motors stop, this should resynch your motors. The system counts motor revolutions which is why it's important to hold the button after they stop. If this doesn't fix your problem I'm afraid you're going to have to make a trip to the dealer.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #3

THOR #8291
Yes, we do hold the extend/retract buttons after movement stops. The front and rear ends of the slide sit flush, it's just the middle that doesn't sit flush. I was hoping to not have to go to dealer… not familiar with the area yet and don't want the coach to end up worse than when we bring it in. Looks like the closest place is CW about an hour and a half north of me.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #4

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Sounds to me like you are stuck with a dreaded trip to the dealer for resolution. At least you are still under warrantee, so your $$ expense is controlled.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #5

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Laco X 2. Slide problems can be real tough. If it isn't making noise when your driving and it is extending okay, I check to make sure something isn't binding and blocking the return.

I'd call Thor CSR and make them aware of the issue. I'd then have them refer you to a dealer and start with phone calls. Be your own best advocate here - CW is notorious for a 1 step, 2 step - dodge. Hopefully that isn't the case for you. Most of the time you can have them tell you the issue after inspection then call Thor CSR back and find out where the repair is on the Thor end. Saves a LOT of time and usually can avoid the 1 step, 2 step, dodge!!
Old 08-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #6333
Have the same problem. Understand the button holding purpose but think that only works if everything about your slide is in perfect working order
My work around is to have my wife hold the retract while I lean on the area that doesn't go in. It helps. It works fine after that on partial slide extensions. As soon as I do a full extension I'm back out pushing. Just finished a 6 week 7500 mile trip. Learned alot about my 2017 KM24.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:35 AM   #7

THOR #8291
Thanks for the feedback! I will try to post back with the diagnosed problem/solution.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:26 AM   #8

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #2889
Mine is the same. It is only out about 3/4" in the center. Works ok no problems. The ends are tignt.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:41 AM   #9

Model: Quantum 31WS
State: Arizona
THOR #7419
Mine is also about 1/2 inch gap in the bottom middle, flush at the ends. Slide bottom looks straight but still the middle gap.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:17 AM   #10

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
My slide has the same issue, I can put a couple fingers thru in the middle.. Thor quality control at best..