Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #11719
Fourwinds 24f Stabilizer Jacks

Anyone know where the circuit protection is for this coach both left and right donít work

Old 08-01-2019, 07:27 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I see no responses to your question yet so lets get you back to the top of the list again. It always helps if you provide the year of the coach and maybe who makes the stabilizer system (model number etc) if you can. Sometimes Thor installers don't always put things like breakers in the same place either. I can't answer your question, but if this is a Lippert electric stabilizer system the "typical" schematic info (link attached) says its a 20 amp fuse or breaker minimum. I would also expect this to be installed close to the battery location, or the jack motor location, but that is just a WAG. They also show a 6 amp reset breaker.....so if you have also have that in your system it may have also tripped. Hopefully someone with your coach will respond with better info.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-262016.html

Old 08-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #3

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
I have a 24F but it is in the shop - canít go out and look.

Looking at the wiring diagrams Thor sent me there is no mention of the stabilizers.

The LCI manual says 6amp breaker is auto reset. It also shows that each motor has a breaker but you can never be sure it was wired that way. If wired to OEM directions then both breakers would need to be bad.

The only wiring I have that heads back under the coach are the tank heaters and stabilizer. Iíd check that 15 amp tank heater fuse in the power converter to make sure it is good. I bet that is where the stabilizer power is wired in.

Just a reminder - the use/store switch needs to be in use to power the stabilizers.

Tags
fourwinds 24f