Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2016, 06:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Montana
THOR #4791
fresh water tank

Getting ready to take our new THOR AXIS 24.1 on the road for a couple months. Can somebody tell me where the drain is for the fresh water holding tank?

Thanks lost and confused, Montana Mike

Old 08-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
It's under the passenger side twin bed. Lift the mattress and unscrew the wooden cover. You'll see the tank and water pump. On the water line coming out the bottom of the tank you'll see a plastic valve. Thst valve is the fresh water tank drain. Turn the handle parallel to the line to open it. Be sure to close it after the tank is drained -- and the tank drains super SLOW.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:12 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Here is a picture of the single point drains and fresh water tank that is under the passenger bed. The first line on the left coming out of the tank is the fresh water supply line that connects the tank to the water pump. Notice the valve on that line is positioned parallel to the line (Open).

The next line coming out of the tank is the tank drain. Notice the line comes out and immediately is plumbed downward. That is the discharge line that drains underneath the RV. Notice the valve on that line is positioned perpendicular to the line (Closed). To drain the tank, open this valve. Be forewarned -- the tank drains REALLY SLOW.

If you notice further to the right in the picture, you will see two more valves, both positioned closed, on a blue line and a red line. These are the single point drains to drain cold water from the cold water lines (blue) and hot water lines (red) when you winterize.

Speaking about winterizing, that blue line sticking up in the air with the white cap on it is the antifreeze syphon line that you use when you winterize. You connect the antifreeze bottle to the top of the line and then you run the water pump to syphon antifreeze into your water lines. You also have to reconfigure the water heater bypass lines under your refrigerator behind that louvered access panel so that you don't try to syphon antifreeze into the water heater when you winterize -- it's just a waste of 6 gallons of antifreeze.

I have compiled and edited a Vegas/Axis Owners Manual that contains a host of information that is not in the generic Thor manuals. Send me an email to bevedfelker@live.com and I'll send you the electronic file for the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Single Point drains.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	2829  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

State: Montana
THOR #4791
thanks everybody. Can always count on everyone
Old 08-30-2016, 01:34 AM   #5

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5279
Generator maintance

Hello everyone,
After my fist trip on a new 2017 Thor Ace 30.2, we put on it a bit over 5000 miles on it ,we used the generator way over 100 hours. I tried to get an appointment at Camping world and they gave it to me in two months.
I am not much of a mechanic but know that chance the oil should not be difficult at all. I do it to my lawnmower, and other small engine equipment.
Can someone recoment the type of oil, how much it wil take and if the filter or anything else needs to be replaced?

Thanks a lot
Old 08-30-2016, 01:54 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ron View Post
Hello everyone,
After my fist trip on a new 2017 Thor Ace 30.2, we put on it a bit over 5000 miles on it ,we used the generator way over 100 hours. I tried to get an appointment at Camping world and they gave it to me in two months.
I am not much of a mechanic but know that chance the oil should not be difficult at all. I do it to my lawnmower, and other small engine equipment.
Can someone recoment the type of oil, how much it wil take and if the filter or anything else needs to be replaced?

Thanks a lot
Did you not receive the generator manual with the coach? If not you can go to Onan's website and register the generator and download the manual for your model generator.

My generator, the RVQG 5500, requires oil and filter change at 20 hours and then every 150 hours or 12 months after that. It uses SAE 30 above freezing or 15W40 from 10 - 100 degrees.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:04 AM   #7

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5279
Thank you so much Dstankov!
I will check that out.
Really apreciate it

Ron

Tags