Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #4139
A.C.E Toilet Issue, Any one found the Solution?

I know this is an old topic however just wondering if anyone has found the solution to the toilet not flushing. I am about to dig into mine and and check the vent to the black tank, and the plumbing under the toilet.

JEEP JKU
BrianA.C.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:38 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
Could you give a few more details?

Make of toilet?
Does the water run into the toilet?
Does the toilet hold water when not being flushed?
Does the gate open when the toilet is flushed?
Does the water run out when the toilet is flushed?
Old 06-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #3

THOR #4139
The Toilet on the ACE models tend to back up and clog when flushed. it has been a topic of discussion several times but have not heard a solution if one has been found, other than not using it.
JEEP JKU
Old 06-23-2016, 11:09 PM   #4

State: Iowa
THOR #4000
toilet

try more water and scotts paper
Old 06-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #5

THOR #4139
Issue Found and solved

I have been having problems with the toilet not flushing since I bought my coach used. I finally dug into it and found MY problem and also the venting system used on the 30.2
I will try to attach a drawing of the Black and Grey vent layout for anyone that is curious to how it is plumbed.
The Black Tank vent is attached to the Black tank with a Fitting that sticks down into the tank about an inch, so that was not my flushing problem and it was open with no way to slide down into the tank. The bathroom sink does drain into the Black Tank vent at sink height .
The Grey Tank vent is separate from the black tank vent until about 6ft up the wall then connects to the Black Tank vent.
I However did find my problem once I drilled a 1 3/4 hole in the end of the Black Tank to get a view from the inside of the tank, In my case the reason my toilet would not flush was the previous owners did not keep enough water in the tank or fill the Bowl up prior to flushing. there was a pile of petrified POOP under toilet pipe that was so hard it took 20 minutes with a high pressure spray nozzle to break it apart.
So my advice and solution to the toilet issue is always fill bowl all the way up prior to flushing #2, use RV Toilet paper, don't drain the black tank until FULL so water can keep POO from turning hard. if you can fill black tank up to the 2/3 full mark with water prior to departing on trip. at 2/3 full the tank will still hold a large amount of stuff and will keep everything nice and soft.

I apologize in advance for the drawing, I am no artist.
JEEP JKU
Old 06-30-2016, 06:06 PM   #6

State: West Virginia
THOR #2027
2016 ace 30.2 toilet issue

When flushing the toilet, an air bubble pops up. Do you know the reason and solution? Thanks. Neil.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:57 PM   #7

THOR #4139
Mine did the same thing until I cleaned the pile out from under the toilet exit pipe. the only advice I have is to make sure the tank is clean and the only way to do that is to drill a hole in passenger side of tank so you can visually see that nothing is blocking it. I used a expandable rubber plug to plug my hole up after drilling it out. once you know that it is clean and clear then fill toilet up with water prior to flushing so the extra water will help wash solids down to the deep end of tank.
I have also started feeling black tank up to 2/3 full with water prior to leaving home so while driving the water will move around and clean any remaining solids out. I have not had issues since
JEEP JKU
Old 08-29-2016, 06:46 PM   #8

State: West Virginia
THOR #2027
toilet

Those are good ideas.
I tried pushing ice through the pipe. That didn't cure it.
I tried putting a garden house down the vent tube (from top of roof) and running water in it. That didn't cure it.
I finally poured dishwashing liquid and toilet odorizer in the toilet. Then, I took an old garden house and thread it into the toilet and turned the water on full blast. I pushed and pulled the hose about six to eight feet down the toilet for a few minutes. Then I pulled out the hose. I got the plunger, plunged it one time.
Bingo!
Have had happiness ever since.

Since then, after I dump, I put in dishwashing liquid and toilet odorizer and about five gallons of water. So, when traveling its scrubbing the tank.
So far, still good