Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Any commercial heavy truck tire shop can do it for you. Get out the wallet!!

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:24 PM   #22

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
Load the coach like you would for a trip, weigh it at a truck stop so you can set tire pressures properly then have the alignment done. My A.C.E.’s alignment cost $60 American in Tulsa. Shop around before committing to a multi-hundred dollar alignment.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:31 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #5767
Brakes on Sprinter

We have a 2015 24sr Thor with Mercedes Sprinter. Brakes seem fine. They are different than a car because of the weight. If I need a hurried stop I will use the down shift. You also need to anticipate more and earlier.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #5767
Alignment

We have a Thor 24 sr Mrcedes Sprinter. We also need an alignment. Told they never were done at the factory. Needed to buy alignment kits to be installed before alignment could be done. Job complete with tire vale extension also installed for $230.00.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:05 PM   #25

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oklahoma
THOR #6418
Rush Truck Center in OKC aligned our Windsport for $100. Find the Ford Big Truck dealer near you, or any big truck shop.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:30 AM   #26

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #7289
Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8rcfan View Post
So, Im not alone. So far, this is the only problem I have with my Thor. Well, almost.
Why would they install a 1950s thermostat for the HVAC? I spent a whole $25 for a digital unit. SO much better.
Why is the dash radio tied to the house 12v. Looses time, every time you switch.
I asked Ford, they said no to warranty on the alignment. It may have been aligned when it left Ford, but after the RV mfg adds their weight, and it sags, there goes the alignment.
How do you know? It didnt pull, shake or nothing. It just requires your constant attention to keep it in the lane. Couldn't relax at all.
Lastly, according to the alignment shop, this is the case of ALL the RV companies.

I was told by the service rep. at CW that Ford would warranty 2 alignments in the first year and gave me the name of a Ford dealer that would handle it. When I called them they said it was to large and they couldn't do it. I went to Ford web page and found names of dealers in my area that were supposed to handle it. No such luck. Finally ended up taking it to a local spring shop that handles trucks and they did the alignment for $160. I took the paperwork back to the service dept. at CW they summited it to Thor. Thor reimbursed me for all but the tax.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:21 AM   #27

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
We did the same as JamieGeek, took it to our GOODYEAR commercial truck shop.

For 105.00, they alligned our VEGAS, and it drives like s new coach. Semis don't effect the driving when they pass, and I can now take my hands off the wheel.without visiting the ditch.

It takes a lot of cross wind to cause the coach to "float" like it did on still days before.

Definitely one of the best investments so far..

Still not like a Ferrari, but much better😀
Old 08-06-2018, 02:13 AM   #28

THOR #11509
Really! Can't wait to try it!
Old 08-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #29

Model: RC25
State: Florida
THOR #11860
Rc25

Had the dealer take it to a heavy truck place twice before signing the papers to get the high speed thump out of my E450 RC25, seems fine now, sumo springs front and back going on in Oct.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:46 PM   #30

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
I emailed a place on Friday and got an email this morning. quoted me $550 for a E450 alignment. said something about having to add cams to it because it's not adjustable from the factory. that and over $1k for sway bars and over $1k for koni shocks. does this sound right? im going to shop around more but i cant afford this let alone 500 for an alignment.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #31

THOR #11509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster View Post
I emailed a place on Friday and got an email this morning. quoted me $550 for a E450 alignment. said something about having to add cams to it because it's not adjustable from the factory. that and over $1k for sway bars and over $1k for koni shocks. does this sound right? im going to shop around more but i cant afford this let alone 500 for an alignment.
I dont know for a fact, but I dont think there's any difference between the suspension parts of my E350, vs your E450, besides the spring rates. Alignment quotes around here were $125 to $150 plus parts and any extra labor. Mine cost 220 because of the installation of a different sleeve, needed to correct the alignment. I would check another shop if I were you.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:45 PM   #32

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
I took our Transit 23TR to a spring shop. I called 6 shops and everyone recommended them.
There was very little adjustment. $110 if I remember right. Later they installed the Sumo's and that was under $100 for rears only. Very happy with their work. If I lived elsewhere I would seek out a frame shop for undercarriage work.