Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 34F
State: Michigan
THOR #7673
Full wall slide

On the full wall slide controller I'm getting 9 red blinks and one green blink which means: "Hall power short to ground, motor one". I am getting ready to leave on a trip and the slide goes in and out. So, I don't know if this is a faulty error reading or if there's something wrong with the slide. Does anyone know? Unfortunately I did not get many owners manuals with this rig. The dealer is supposed to get them for me.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Manuals available on line. The hall sensor counts revolutions of the motors and keep them in sync. Lucky you are able to get the slides in and out.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #3

THOR #7673
Yes, lucky me. I am at a rural campsite, with a weak data signal. My phone has 1 bar where I can get to the forums. I won't be able to access net for downloads until Sunday. If anyone knows how to fix this, please advise.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
There is a slide controller for each slide and the overhead bunk. They are identical. There are two multi-wire plugs (one for each motor) and two spade plugs with single wires for each controller - the spade lugs are the battery power supply to the controller.
The controller for the bunk is in the far left cabinet overs the dash, that will give you a idea of what you are looking for. Somewhere under the slide in a storage compartment is an identical slide controller mounted high on the compartment wall. There five wires in each multi-plug; two are for the hall-effect sensor. I suspect one has broken or pulled loose. The wires are clearly labeled in the controller.

If the slide will not move the emergency procedure is to override the controller (no synchronization). Press the override switch (just to the right of the LEDs on the controller) seven times in rapid succession holding in the seventh time until the lEDs flash rapidly. That will override all safety functions of the controller.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:15 PM   #5

THOR #7673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
There is a slide controller for each slide and the overhead bunk. They are identical. There are two multi-wire plugs (one for each motor) and two spade plugs with single wires for each controller - the spade lugs are the battery power supply to the controller.
The controller for the bunk is in the far left cabinet overs the dash, that will give you a idea of what you are looking for. Somewhere under the slide in a storage compartment is an identical slide controller mounted high on the compartment wall. There five wires in each multi-plug; two are for the hall-effect sensor. I suspect one has broken or pulled loose. The wires are clearly labeled in the controller.

If the slide will not move the emergency procedure is to override the controller (no synchronization). Press the override switch (just to the right of the LEDs on the controller) seven times in rapid succession holding in the seventh time until the lEDs flash rapidly. That will override all safety functions of the controller.
Lol, guess what, it is the controller in the left overhead cabinet, above tbe driver seat. I'm still learning this new rig. So, this is the controller for tbe bunk. I have not tried to lower the bunk yet.....dare I not? The error code indicates motor 1, should I pull the multi plug for motor 1 off and look for a broken wire for the hall ground?
Old 06-16-2017, 11:33 PM   #6

THOR #7673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post

Thanks for the assist! I'm 10-8 now. I did the controller override procedure and the error code is gone. I remember seeing a controller in the storage bay and your post clicked. I guess these controllers sometimes need to be reset or something?