Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum 31WS
State: Arizona
THOR #7419
Furnace cycling

The Attwood furnace in our Quantum is continuing to give us fits. It will ignite, run for a few seconds, looses ignition and about 10 secinds later, fires for 3 seconds, and just continues this cycling. The circuit board has been replaced, porous ducting sealed but we can't seem to get it back functioning correctly. Any ideas?

Old 06-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Had a mobile tech come out and fix mine that had been doing the same as yours since new. Found out it was the one thing I did not check..........drum roll............wood chips in the blower. I have vacuumed up wood chips and drilling from most places in the Vegas, but how in the hell do you get wood chips in the furnace blower? Maybe the installation guy at Thor thought it was a wood furnace.
Maybe that is what is ailing yours.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:49 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
In my Axis, I had issues with water somehow getting down the exhaust pipe and rusting out the burner assembly. The rust closed a lot of the holes in the burner and the furnace kept going out. I replaced the board and burner assembly, crafted a shield for the board and sealed the cover with silicon. I’ll see if that solves the problem - long term.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
Your circuit board is damp. Hold on, mine drove me nuts too, short drive that it is. The moisture was coming from the surround trim at the outside furnace enclosure. The trim where it meets the body would weep ever so slowly some water. I put a bead of sealer around the outside of the trim mostly at the top. If you want to try that fix which has lasted me several months now, take a hair dryer to the circuit board while you are at it. Bet it works now.

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #5

THOR #7419
Thanks for the ideas. I don't think it's the circuit board, as I've just had a new one installed. I'll check the sood chips, Somehow it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Thor tech thought it was a wood burner...lol.

Talked with Attwood a bit ago. The have given me a couple items to check. a( Make sure the gas valve and burner are aligned correctly. b)limit switch
Old 06-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #6

THOR #7419
We'll know tomorrow AM. Gas pressure too low on cold morning, high altitude, to adequately supply the 30,000 btu furnace, thus causing the cycling. Reset the regulator for the proper water colum and it should be ok now.