Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #6446
Motorized Shade

Been having a >:%$##@ of a time trying to program my shade. Finally called United Shade who no longer supports...referred me to MCD who immediately told me I needed a new motor. I received the new motor and of course it doesn't attach to the end plate the same way. Anyway I solved that then reinstalled shade. Tried to program it. The shade acts the same as before: Goes into ignition:On program mode and goes down....but when I try to raise it, it won't move. If I reverse the wiring it does go up (using the "down" rocker switch position). It seems to me the up position of the rocker switch must be bad???? Is there a way to test if power is leaving the rocker switch without removing the dash??? Is this a DIY project? I'm not scared, just clueless. I'm a multimeter "owner" but really don't have skills. TIA

Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
This link may help. Scroll down and there is a shade pdf link in one of the submissions that shows a schematic of a shade motor and doube pole double throw toggle switch......which possibly is what you have.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...hade-2701.html

A DPDT switch has 6 contacts; 3 contacts on the left side form their own connections depending on toggle position; the other three terminals on the right side form their own connections depending on toggle position. Center terminals connect to the upper or lower terminals on their respective side only. So basically the switch is connecting +12v and ground to the motor in one toggle position; then the switch reverses the connection in the other toggle position. Maybe the article will contain more info....I did not read it all.

Tags
motorized shade, rocker switch