Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2016, 02:56 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RESB3
State: New Jersey
THOR #5915
Hydraulic Connection

Hello all...

I am currently dealing with having to replace a hydraulic line on my Lippert Level-Up system. The orange (return) line on my landing gear has started to blister and will be putting a better quality line on.

My question is, does anyone know what kind of hydraulic fitting is used on the ends of the lines?

Varieties include:
NPT
JIC 37
SAE 45
O-Ring Face
etc...

I realize that I could take the hose off and get a better idea but since it is on my landing gear I would only like to remove the line once and replace.

The attached image shows the blistering near the connection but the blisters do actually appear along the entire length of hose.

Note: Contact has been attempted with LCI but never received a response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161110_150918645.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	3339  

Old 11-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #2

Model: 38RESB3
State: New Jersey
THOR #5915
Fitting Info

For any other DIYers out there here are the specs for the fittings.

Female Swivel JIC 37

Link to fitting specs:
FJX - 37° JIC Female Swivel - Kurt Hydraulics
Old 11-23-2016, 12:05 AM   #3

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrene4Life View Post
Hello all...

I am currently dealing with having to replace a hydraulic line on my Lippert Level-Up system. The orange (return) line on my landing gear has started to blister and will be putting a better quality line on.

My question is, does anyone know what kind of hydraulic fitting is used on the ends of the lines?

Varieties include:
NPT
JIC 37
SAE 45
O-Ring Face
etc...

I realize that I could take the hose off and get a better idea but since it is on my landing gear I would only like to remove the line once and replace.

The attached image shows the blistering near the connection but the blisters do actually appear along the entire length of hose.

Im surprised no reply from lippert.When you email them your immediatlly assigned a case numer.Response within 24 hours after that.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:17 AM   #4

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
customerservice@lci1.com Try that if you want to get reply from lippert
Old 03-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #5

State: Arizona
THOR #6680
Quote:
Hello all...

Varieties include:
NPT
JIC 37
SAE 45
O-Ring Face
etc...

Been there done that. Mine all failed and hydraulic guy said connectors weren't the best. I went to hydraulic hose place and got all new hoses connectors. Make sure they're rated for 3000 psi. My black ones (jacks down) are all great shape.

Orange hoses are retract hoses and are all with common pneumatic circuit. Your jacks fully retracted is triggered by pressure of approximately 2150 psi on those lines. So when jacks are retracted, 90% of time if part timer and during storage those lines are fully pressured. When I store, I drop jacks manually just a bit until jacks down light is on....releasing pressure. Just remember to retract next time you head out.

LCI tech support told me this. I decided to drop jacks to relieve pressure. Don't over expose the polished pistons long term though.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #6

THOR #6680
Quote:
Hello all...

Varieties include:
NPT
JIC 37
SAE 45
O-Ring Face
etc...

Mine were oring flat faced.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:19 AM   #7

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspam View Post
... When I store, I drop jacks manually just a bit until jacks down light is on....releasing pressure. Just remember to retract next time you head out.

LCI tech support told me this. I decided to drop jacks to relieve pressure. Don't over expose the polished pistons long term though.
Do you drop all jacks or just one? Wouldn't dropping one jack a small amount relieve the pressure on the entire down circuit?
Old 03-11-2017, 03:24 AM   #8

THOR #6680
Just one...till jacks down light comes on.....just takes a bit
Old 03-11-2017, 03:27 AM   #9

THOR #6680
I also put a clothespin on shifter to remind me to retract before I take off. I hate it when all those lights start flashing and alarms start sounding if I put in gear with jacks down indicator on
Old 03-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #10

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
I appreciate the information about lowering a jack to relieve pressure from the up circuit. I battled a leaking leveling leg for two years until having a machinist make a new and differently designed banjo bolt. I was in contact with Lippert several times about the problem and was never told to relieve the pressure when the jacks were up during storage. The problem has been solved for a few months but I will slightly lower one jack from now on. We use a clothespin on the shifter for the TV antenna. It's a good reminder.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #11

THOR #6680
Lippert did caution me about long term piston exposure. My jacks drop about 1/8 to 1/4 inch when jacks down comes on. I also store in a garage.

I regularly inspect and clean the exposed pistons. Light silicone wipe as well.